real or not real?

Start from the beginning

Aria realised Hades must have built his palace to resemble this one, a reminder to himself that he was banished. She had to admit, she felt a little sorry for him.

Steps led up to a central courtyard. Past that, the throne room.

Room really isn't the right word. The place made the grand central station look like a broom closet. Massive columns rose to a domed ceiling, which was gilded with moving constellations.

Twelve thrones, built for beings the size of Hades, were arranged in an inverted u, just like the cabins at Camp Half -Blood. An enormous fire crackled in the central hearth pit. The thrones were empty except for two at the end: the head throne on the right, and the one to its immediate left.

Poseidon and Zeus.

And there, standing in front of them was her Percy. His blonde hair was streaked with dirt, and his clothes hung off him like a washing line.

Aria ducked behind a marble column, deciding to watch from afar. She listened intently as Percy relayed the end of his story, and handed Zeus his master bolt.

"You have done me a service, boy," Zeus was saying, "Few heroes could have accomplished as much."

"I had help, sir," Percy said. "Grover Underwood, Annabeth Chase, and Aria Silvers, who-"

"To show my many thanks, I shall spare your life Perseus Jackson. I do not trust you. I do not like what your arrival means for the future of Olympus. But for the sake of peace in the family, I shall let you live."

"Um...thank you sir," Percy grumbled, and Aria stifled a laugh. "But I have to ask you something else. My friend, Aria, Hades took her, o-or did something to her, and she's gone and well-"

"That's too bad," Zeus said.

Percy shakily spoke again. "Well I was wondering if you could-"

"It's out of my control, young demigod," Zeus boomed, a stern undertone in his words.

Percy's voice turned desperate. "But she-"

Aria stepped out from behind the column. "I'm right here."

Percy whipped around and Aria didn't fail to notice the dark rings around his eyes. His jaw dropped at the sight of her, and for a few moments he just stood there, dumbfounded. After a few more seconds he raced to her, wrapping his tired arms around her waist.

He muttered into her shoulder, sounding a little tearful. "Are you real?"

The girl hugged him tighter. "Real as ever."

The son of Poseidon seemed to relax at those three words, allowing the fatigue to take over his body as he rested his head on Aria's shoulder.

Zeus cleared his throat.

The two demigods pulled away and turned to face the unimpressed god.

Percy decided to ask one more thing. "Uh sir," he said hesitantly. "I have one last request."

Zeus groaned and leaned back in his seat. "What now?"