"YOU!" Annabeth turned in Luke. "To think that I... that I thought-"

She drew her knife. My eyes widened and I reached over to grab her arm.

"Annabeth, don't." Percy tried to reach for her as well but she shook us both off.

She attacked Kronos, and his smug smile faded. Annabeth plunged her knife between the straps of his arms, right at his collarbone. The blade should've sunk into his chest. Instead it bounced off. Annabeth doubled over, clutching her arm to her stomach. I noticed her shoulder angled weirdly. The jolt must've been strong enough to dislocate her shoulder.

Percy ran over and yanked her back as Kronos swung his scythe, slicing the air she'd been standing. Annabeth fought against Percy. I quickly jogged over to help.

"I HATE you!" Annabeth screamed, tears streamed the dust on her face.

"I have to fight him." Percy told her.

"It's my fight too, Percy!"

"So much spirit." Kronos laughed. I held Annabeth by her good arm to hold her back. "I can see why Luke wanted to spare you. Unfortunately, that won't be possible."

He raised his scythe. I gripped my sword, ready to defend if I needed to. Percy did the same, Riptide in hand. Before Kronos could strike, a dog's howl pierced the air behind the Titan's army.

"Mrs. O'Leary?" Percy called.

The enemy forces stirred uneasily. They started to part, clearing a path through the street like something behind them was forcing them to. Standing a block a way Mrs. O'Leary and a small figure in black armor.

"Nico?" Percy called.

There was a loud bark and Mrs. O'Leary bounded toward Percy. She ignored the growling monsters on either side. Nico strode forward and a smile grew on my face. The enemy army fell back before him like he radiated death.

"Got your message." Nico smiled under his skull-shaped helmet. "Is it too late to join the party?"

"Never too late." I told him.

"Son of Hades." Kronos spit on the ground. "Do you love death so much you wish to experience it?"

"Your death," Nico said, "would be great for me."

"I'm immortal, you fool! I have escaped Tartarus. You have no business here, and no change to live."

"I don't agree." Nico drew his sword.

The ground rumbled. Cracks appeared in the road, the sidewalks, the sides of the buildings. Skeletal hands grasped the air as the dead clawed their way into the world of the living. There were thousands of them and it scared the monsters.

"HOLD YOUR GROUND!" Kronos demanded. "The dead are no match for us."

The sky turned dark and cold. Shadows thicker. A harsh war horn sounded as the dead formed ranks. They had all types of weapons on them with an enormous chariot. The horses that pulled up next to Nico were living shadows. And in that chariot was Hades with Demeter and Persephone riding behind him. The Lord of the Dead was dressed in black armor and a cloak the color of fresh blood. He wore the helm of darkness.