~7~

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯

Two days had passed since Muzan had left

Two days had passed since Muzan had left. Nakime and I would walk around in the garden at night as she silently tuned her biwa. The upper moons weren't very fond of me, but I knew I could trust Nakime. She had respect towards Muzan and would obey his orders at all costs.

"Y/n? Are you alright? You're very quiet today."

"I'm fine, Nakime. I am just thinking about Muzan." I responded while walking beside the black haired demon. "Do you think he actually loves me, or is his plan to use me?"

"Master is a strange man, Y/n. Sometimes, he would give anything for something he desires, though love is a big word for a demon lord such as him."

We both remained silent after her explanation. I didn't have the need to ask further questions, I knew I would just end up disappointing myself. Muzan still hasn't told me why he wants to marry me, only that he is going to make me a demon by the end of the year.

"I can tell that you have unanswered questions about him, though I think you should ask him yourself." Nakime suggested as we went back into the building.

A demon with six eyes approached us with a letter in his hand. "Hello, Kokushibo." I smiled as he gave me an uninterested look. "Here. Master requested you read it alone."

"Thank you." I replied while gazing at the envelope in my hands. I wondered what it could possibly be about, but I knew it had to be important if he wanted me to read it alone.

I excused myself before making my way towards my room. I walked up the stairs while glancing at the envelope in my hand, I was excited to open it, especially because a part of me missed Muzan.

I laid down on my bed while unfolding the letter in my palm.

Dear Y/n,

I am writing you this letter to inform you that I will be returning home by tomorrow. I expect you to be ready by 6 pm, I am going to take you to your family. You might think I'm selfish, but I still prefer to be traditional. I want your father's blessing in order for our marriage to be fulfilled.

Yours truly, Kibutsuji.

After reading the letter, I felt a surge of happiness course through my veins. 'I was going to see my family again.' I wonder how they would react to me marrying the king of demons.

'Would they disown me?'

'Would they reject Muzan's offer?'

'Would Muzan harm them if they did?'

All these questions ran through my mind, causing my happiness to be replaced with anxiety.

"Y/n? I brought you some tea, I thought you'd need some." Nakime suggested while peaking her head through my door. "Thank you, Nakime. You are very thoughtful. You might even convince me that you're not a demon." I giggled as she placed my cup on my nightstand.

"I like you because of my Master, if you were a mere human, I would have eaten you."

"Woah, Nakime!"

"I am only telling you the truth." She shrugged while sitting down in the corner with her biwa. There were a few moments of silence between the two of us before a question popped up in my mind, "How did you become a demon, Nakime?"

She suddenly froze with her biwa between her fingers. She turned her gaze towards me, "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Of course, I do."

"Well, I used to be married to an alcoholic. One day, I was incredibly upset and frustrated. I didn't know what to do anymore, so I murdered my husband and played my biwa afterward. I had hundreds of people watching me. So I came to the conclusion that if I killed more people, I'd get more famous. That is until I tried killing my Master, I didn't know he was a demon until it happened."

I was stunned at her explanation. I never thought she'd murder someone for fame. That explains why she is so amazing at playing the biwa.

'She sold her soul to the Muzan without even knowing it.'

"You're very quiet now, Y/n."

"I'm sorry, I was just deep in thought. Do you know how Muzan became a demon?" I questioned as she shook her head. "No one knows how he became one."

"Oh..."

"Are you nervous about becoming a demon, Y/n?"

"Of course, I am. I never thought my life would change so drastically."

"Well, you shouldn't be. Muzan would protect you, I know he would." Nakime exclaimed while continuing to tune her strings.

'Would he actually protect me?'

Author's note: Remember to vote and tell me what you think by commenting <3