~5~

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢

ℭ𝔞𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔬𝔣𝔣 𝔤𝔲𝔞𝔯𝔡

When we arrived at Muzan's home, he held my hand in his and guided me back inside of the building. I didn't know what to expect from him, especially because he caught me trying to run away from him.

Once Muzan closed the door behind us, he turned his gaze towards me. "Don't ever try and run away from me again, Y/n. I will not hesitate to punish you again."

"I am sorry, Muzan." I whispered while staring into his eyes. There were a few moments of silence between us as his gaze switched from my eyes to my lips. "Good, now go wash yourself up. I had Daki make you something to eat."

"Thank you, Muzan." I exclaimed before walking away towards my room. I couldn't help but think about his soft lips against my cheek. I thought he was about to kiss me, especially because of the way he stared at me.

I started blushing again but shook it off once I entered my bedroom. I walked over to my wardrobe and got dressed in my nightgown. I brushed my hair before making my way back towards the hall.

I forgot about how dark the place was, there was only a few candles here and there. I gazed at the portraits and paintings on the walls while making my way towards the flight of stairs.

Everything felt so strange, one moment I wanted to run away and the other I wanted to stay. It was all an emotional rollercoaster. A part of me hated Muzan, whilst the other wanted to give this relationship a chance.

"You look lovely, Y/n."

The king of demons had a small smile on his face while sitting a chair at the very end of the dining table. He wasn't wearing his dress shirt and pants anymore, but a kimono. It was black and grey with patterns along the soft fabric.

"Thank you, Muzan."

Just then, Daki walked into the room with a plate of food in her hand. She didn't seem to be happy to see me again, I believed that she had some kind of obsession over Muzan.

I sat down at the table as she placed the delicious meal in front of me. Muzan glanced at me with a glass of red liquid in his hand. I knew it wasn't animal blood. Demons had to feast on human beings to survive.

'It didn't make sense. Why would the king of demons want to marry a human being when all I am is food in his eyes.' I wondered while taking a bite of my food. "So how is it?" He questioned.

"It's very delicious. Thank you, Daki."

She simply huffed before walking off. There were a few moments of silence between the two of us as our gazes met. "Why are you being so nice to me, Muzan?"

"Just because I'm a demon doesn't mean I'm always cruel. People usually portray me as a monster, though I was once a human." He replied while swirling the glass in his hand.

"What happened?" I questioned as the candle illuminated his facial features. "I was born sick, I was close to death when a doctor gave me some medicine. It was supposed to heal me, but it made me into something, not even I expected."

"So that is how you became a demon?"

"Yes."

"How long have you been alive?"

"10 000 years plus."

"And why do you want to turn me into a demon?" I inquired with a lifted brow. "Because I am tired of being alone, I want someone to be by my side forever."

"What about the others?"

"It's not the same, I want someone loyal. Someone who I could trust and maybe even love." He responded before taking a sip from his glass. "What makes you think I'm fit for such a role?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"Can you stop with the questions, Y/n, and just enjoy your meal. I don't like to share every detail of my life with you."

He stood up from his chair and glanced one last time at me before leaving me alone with my thoughts. I sat by myself inside the empty room while eating my food.

'Maybe I should give Muzan a chance. He seems genuine about his feelings.'