XII. Graduation Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"How are you? Are you still okay after everything that happened? Didn't I say before that you shouldn't call me like that before? You are no stranger to us, okay?"

"If you have time, visit us. I bet we will have a lot of things to talk about.", Mom added as she hugged Theresa.

"Are you not upset with me? I left Yael as if there was nothing between us at all. I've done an unforgivable thing especially that was a time when everything felt hard. He suffered because of me. Are you sure you do not despise me?", Theresa asked.

"To be honest, I always have this idea that once I see you again, there's no way I can give you forgiveness but once I saw you again, like a popped balloon it magically disappeared."

"I guess my son and I we're just birds with the same feather. I knew that you left him but seeing you again with my own eyes made me realize something. Yes, you cut ties with him in a bad way, but I don't believe that it has any reason at all. You also suffered, right?", mom added.

"Sorry. I always thought that you'll never forget and forever be upset with me that's why I'm so afraid. You're more like my own mother and believing that it may not come back again was really painful for me.", Theresa uttered as her tears fell harder.

"Just take it easy. Let's take our time together.", Mom replied.

I guess all of my worries were useless at all. I'm glad that both of them were already on good terms despite everything that had happened. Seeing them together in a heartwarming manner really took me back to those times when she always hung out in our house. Those times when mom teaches her how to cook properly. Times where both of them casually talk together as if she were mom's daughter.

I know it's unlikely to happen now but I'm just glad that the string that connects them was still intact after many years.

We resumed our walk towards the hall but that time, Theresa was now with us. They just talk to about things that happened to them after all of these years. Theresa was delighted, as well as Mom, and those feelings reached a higher level when we went to see Harry.

Among all of us, my brother was the one who felt the greatest happiness when the four of us got our unexpected reunion. It just shows how much he missed Theresa.

"Harry! It's been a while. You grew and became more mature during those 4 years. Look at you now, you even aced the grades and got the highest mark. I'm very proud of you.", Theresa uttered as she hugged Harry tightly.

"I really missed you, Theresa. I've been waiting for us to see each other again. I was overjoyed when I saw your name on the schedule for the graduation. I never thought that I would have a chance to see you on stage.", Harry uttered.

"In stage? Theresa, are you going to perform or something like that?", I asked.

"Actually, the principal invited me to give a speech at this graduation ceremony. At first, I was hesitant and didn't want to participate but when I saw Harry's name as a top notcher, I instantly accepted the offer. Isn't this the perfect chance to meet him again.", Theresa replied.