Your Friendly Neighborhood Simpleton

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Alright, Papa," she declared, tapping her chopsticks against the empty bowl, "my turn for a shocker! How about some juicy news about your favorite 'rental girlfriend'?"

Fujio chuckled, raising a knowing eyebrow. "Oh? Chizuru? Do tell, my little gossip queen."

Hana leaned forward, savoring the anticipation. "Remember that... awkward phase? When Chizu-san and Kinoshita-Senpai were pretending to be a couple?"

A collective gasp filled the air. Tsuki's hand flew to her mouth, Yanagi's eyes, not covered in bangs, widened like saucers, and Kiri, for once, seemed genuinely interested.

"Well," Hana continued, relishing the spotlight, "guess what? Pretending turned into... not pretending! They're an official couple now!"

The announcement hit the family like a perfectly placed three pointer. Fujio beamed, Tsuki let out a delighted squeal, Yanagi bombarded Hana with a barrage of questions, and even Kiri cracked a surprised smile.

"They are?" Kiri echoed, genuinely curious. "That's... actually kind of nice."

His voice, though soft, sparked a new flame in the conversation. "Speaking of... kind of nice," he started, scratching the back of his neck, "I met this girl at the park the other day."

The family, momentarily distracted from Chizuru and Kazuya's blossoming romance, turned their attention to Kiri, who was notoriously shy when it came to girls.

"She seemed lost," Kiri continued, a rare blush creeping up his cheeks, "couldn't find her way back to the dorms. So, I helped her out, showed her around... We talked, laughed, it was kind of... easy."

He stopped, fiddling with a loose thread on his shirt, unsure how to proceed. But the family, fueled by their newfound enthusiasm for unexpected connections, egged him on.

"Go on, Kiri!" Yanagi urged, leaning forward in her chair. "What happened?"

Taking a deep breath, Kiri confessed, "We ended up hanging out for the whole afternoon. And... I think I might have a crush on her."

A chorus of excited chatter erupted. Tsuki cooed, Fujio offered advice, and Hana, ever the strategist, bombarded Kiri with questions about the girl's likes and dislikes.

In that moment, amidst the warmth of family and the buzz of new beginnings, Chizuru and Kazuya's love story wasn't the only one taking center stage. Kiri, the quite-nosy brother, had stumbled upon his own unexpected chapter, a chance encounter blooming into a tentative hope.

Lapis Lazuli.

Hana, eyes sparkling with devilish glee, leaned back in her chair. "Ruka Sarashina, huh? Fancy that, little brother. Didn't you always say you preferred girls with long, dark hair and a quiet kind of grace?"

A crimson tide crept up Kiri's neck as he sputtered, "W-what?! That was ages ago! Besides, it's not like... anything."

Fujio, oblivious to the internal war his son was waging, stroked his chin thoughtfully. "Ruka Sarashina... I seem to recall Tsuki mentioning that name. Wasn't she at the same... establishment as Chizuru-chan and your friend... what was his name again?  like GranGran's name? Kazu..."

"Kazuya, Papa," Yanagi chimed in, scrolling through her phone with practiced nonchalance. "And yeah, Ruka was working there too. Wait, isn't she the one they called, uh, Black Diamond?"

Kiri winced. Black Diamond. His ears still burned at the memory of Chizuru teasing him about it. She'd mentioned something about a misunderstanding, but the nickname had stuck like a burr in his side.

Tsuki, a delicate wisp of a woman, finally spoke, her voice soft and tinged with a familiar wistfulness. "Yes, Ruka was... quite impressive. And kind. She remembered my order even after weeks..." Her voice trailed off, her gaze drifting to a distant point.

The air crackled with unspoken memories. Tsuki's brief time at Denny's was a closed chapter, a glimpse into a world she'd chosen to leave behind. Yet, a flicker of sadness remained, a testament to the connections forged and lost during those hectic, coffee-fueled days.

Fujio, sensing the shift in mood, cleared his throat gently. "Well, whatever the past may hold," he said, his eyes twinkling, "it seems Kiri-kun has an interesting present unfolding. A lost girl in the park, eh? Sounds like the beginnings of a rather charming story."

Yanagi, ever the pragmatist, scoffed. "Hold on, Papa. We don't even know if Ruka remembers him, let alone feels the same way."

Kiri, emboldened by his family's unexpected interest, straightened his shoulders. "I... I wouldn't know," he admitted, a hint of uncertainty lingering in his voice. "But hey, maybe I should... find out."

A mischievous grin spread across Hana's face. "Sounds like a plan, little brother! Operation: Charm the Black Diamond commences now!"

Amidst the teasing and encouragement, a new hope blossomed in Kiri's chest. His chance encounter with Ruka, born from a simple act of kindness, might just blossom into something more. With his family's support and a renewed spark in his eyes, Kiri took a deep breath, ready to step out of his comfort zone and write his own love story, one tentative chapter at a time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------