Beyond the Dream

Choosing Love, Choosing Dreams

Ruka Sarashina and Kiri Uzaki, two college sweethearts deeply immersed in the vibrant world of East Asian popular culture, embark on a journey to chase their dreams. Ruka aspires to become a KPop idol, while Kiri is determined to make a name for himself as a multilingual writer, crafting captivating stories in Japanese, Korean, and Cantonese.

Their path to success is not an easy one. They face countless challenges and obstacles that test their passion and commitment. Ruka undergoes rigorous vocal training, dance lessons, and auditions while juggling the pressure of maintaining her identity amidst the demanding entertainment industry.

Meanwhile, Kiri dedicates countless hours honing his writing skills, constantly pushing his creative boundaries to captivate readers across different languages. He faces rejections and criticism but remains steadfast in his pursuit of becoming a respected writer.

As they navigate their individual journeys, Ruka and Kiri find themselves making sacrifices for their dreams. Late-night rehearsals lead to sleepless nights; missed social gatherings become a norm as they dedicate every ounce of energy towards their craft. Yet, through it all, they find solace in each other's unwavering support.

Their love serves as an anchor amidst the chaos of pursuing their dreams. Together they celebrate each triumph and console each other during moments of doubt. Their relationship becomes a source of inspiration as they learn to balance ambition with compassion.

Along the way, Ruka and Kiri encounter fellow artists who share similar aspirations and struggles in the East Asian popular culture scene. Friendships are forged, creating a support network filled with camaraderie and understanding.

As time goes on, Ruka's career begins to soar while Kiri's writing gains recognition across different cultures. Their perseverance pays off as they start living their dreams in parallel paths but never losing sight of what truly matters – their love for each other.

Then, the storm hit. Ruka, a cherry blossom on the brink of bloom, received the call - a place in a prestigious K-Pop trainee program back in Japan. For Kiri, a fledgling samurai at the edge of the battlefield, a renowned Korean director summoned him to pitch his screenplay. Joy choked them, bittersweet and heavy. Seoul, their haven, threatened to become a chasm separating their dreams.

Sleepless nights stretched into weary dawns. Conversations, once laced with laughter, echoed with unspoken anxieties. Would their love survive the distance, a flickering flame battling the howling winds of ambition? They traced constellations on rooftop nights, searching for answers in the stars.

Sadly, neither Ruka nor Kiri were ready for whatever carnage happened. They might look like Koreans, but their Japanese accent didn't help at all when conversating with people around the scene..

"I'll fly back every chance I get," Ruka vowed, her voice trembling. "We'll write our own constellations, Kiri, across the sky."

He met her gaze, eyes mirroring the turmoil in her heart. "My words will bridge the ocean, Ruka. Every scene, a whisper of my love carried by the wind."

Their decision, when it came, was a tear on a delicate butterfly wing. Ruka embraced the trainee program, her tears drying on the salty wind of departure. Kiri, armed with his script, boarded the train to Seoul, his heart an anvil in his chest.

Across continents, their love blossomed anew. Ruka's voice, a whispered lullaby across time zones, soothed him through long nights of revising. Kiri's words, penned with the ink of longing, painted her dreams in vibrant hues. Distances became bridges, doubts transformed into fuel.

And then, under a different sky, in a bustling Tokyo cafe, fate played its hand. Mini, ever the catalyst, held two plane tickets - Japan to Korea, return. "Consider it an advance on your wedding gift," she winked, her voice a mischievous melody.