Chapter 1

Footsteps are heard in the hallway connected to the other apartments. I see the police come through the door with a battering ram. The hinges are broken and the wood cracks in half. Splinters fall on the wooden ground. I hear the police screaming at everyone, guns are fired, there is screaming and rushed footsteps past me. Hallway light floods in. It's so bright.

They take Mart away in handcuffs after knocking the cz 75b out of his hand. He tried to run but is too fat. The light must have blinded him too. There is ringing.

I get up to follow him out the damaged doorway but someone grabs my arm. Everything's so blurry, the walls are spinning, the air is loud, there's holes in the walls, blood on the floors, the room is too bright. Some stranger grabbed me. I turn around to see a stocky, tall-ish man with a bullet proof vest and a gun in his other hand.

"Come with me"

"But Mart-" I look at the door where he was taken. They took him before I could find him, before I could protect him. The two women that were here are being talked to by a lady with black hair. The shooting finally stops. There's still yelling, my ears hurt so fucking bad. Police walk past the door frame.

The man puts his gun in the hoister on his hip before cuffing my hands together behind my back. The metal is cold, the light reflection on everything is worse than usual, the apartment smells different. Blood smells horrible, stress and fear is a putrid combination.

"I didn't do anything wrong... Where is Mart?" He puts his hand on my shoulder. My nerves are a frenzy, my head hurts, everything hurts. My shoulder where his hand is feels fuzzy. I need to find Mart.

"I don't know what you've done, son. Just come with me, this is procedure"

He needs to shape his mustache better. So uneven it's disheartening. The bright ass light highlights the uneven hairs. "But Mart-"

My heart stops beating from the ringing silence. The world freezes, time stops as the door frame comes closer, breathing is harder to do. "Why? Why would you take him away? He wasn't doing anything wrong..."

He takes me out of the apartment behind the 2 ladies that were taken out. They kept lying to the guys.

They said they were here against their will, Mart bribed them to be here. He told them to drink the alcohol and other lies.

He didn't tell them that. They brought it up. Lying sluts.

"They're lying. Mart did nothing they said. They thought of everything"

"Stop talking"

Why won't he listen? No one does.

Once the outside comes into view the light is more blinding than before, holy fuck. The world is too bright to see. Where is everything? Where am I? The ground is bright too. The ground lowered at some point and moves. The ambulance engine is too loud.

"Fuck. You got any anti-bright shit? I can't see shit." I walk into something. Ow.

It sounds of a car door opening. I'm pulled around it.

"Get in and watch your head"

Eventually I got in the car. It's still bright and loud. It vibrates too much.

"What the hell is happening and where is Mart?"

"He is going to prison. Now stop talking"

The engine is started. The wheels start to turn and follow the other cars for a few blocks. There's a lump in my throat. My leg can't stop shaking. The noises are drowning on and on. The bright sun has me staring at the floor. It all gives me dysphoria. Why is this happening?