Part Four:

Feyre awoke that morning with an odd sense that something was going to happen. And no sooner had she thought that, had a knock come to her door, Tamlin coming in.

"What is it?" she asked, still tired and semi-exhausted from her fitful night of sleep. She was still having the dreams of that strange woman, who kept begging for her name as she slit Feyre's throat. She shivered at the image still in her mind and turned her eyes toward Tamlin, an eyebrow raised so as to ask him what was going on. A growl rolled through him as he ordered her to get dressed.

"Get dressed. There is something on the borders." his voice was gruff as he said the words, but she knew that it was only because he was irritated. Feyre could only guess what was terrorizing their borders now. Perhaps it was finally Rhysand, coming to claim her week this month after having left her alone for the past three. Or maybe it was another creature like the Bogge or naga, coming to settle the score that Tamlin and she had left on Amarantha. She shuddered at the thought.

Feyre did as Tamlin said, if only because she too, was curious about what could possibly be at the edges of their borders. And she did mean their borders because this was her home now, just as much as it was Tamlin's, Lucien's and Alis'. She belonged her - as long as Tamlin was here.

Once she was dressed, she stumbled out of her bedroom to follow Tamlin's scent throughout the house. With her new High Fae abilities, she had been getting better and better at detecting where he was on the estate, and not just him, but Lucien and the other Spring Court High Fae as well. It had seemed peculiar at first, but as soon as Feyre had gotten used to being immortal - well, as used to it as she could be - then she had begun to like her newfound abilities. There were still more to discover, she knew that, but with that in mind, she was both excited and frightened for the future.

When she found Tamlin, he was suiting up his baldric with daggers and knives, an array of brutal weapons that at one time she would had shirked away from. But beneath the baldric, his chest was bare and it made her want to clutch him to her, to protect him in a way that she was not sure she ever would be able to. Even with her newfound abilities, even with her skill with a bow, he had been a warrior before he became a High Fae, and she had only just recently been a human. She brought her hand up to catch at his as he went to reach for another knife to place somewhere on him, and his eyes looked at her, searching deep inside her half-broken soul.

"Be careful out there. Come back to me." 

Tamlin's face softened at her words and he stopped with the placing of his weapons to reach for her face, grasping it between his hands. When he leaned forward, his eyes intent on hers lips, she closed her eyes.

Soft pressure and sunlight peaked along her skin, her neck, her collarbones, her jaw. She sighed into him, her heartbeat racing until someone just behind Tamlin cleared their throat. Lucien.

"Shouldn't we be going?" Lucien asked, leaning against the wall on the other end of the room, his eyes disapproving as he looked at the two of them. Feyre scowled at the Autumn High Fae for ruining their moment, but she was also fond of Lucien and let her frown slip into a light smile as she looked over at him. He grinned back, quickly forgetting what he had just seen. Over the past few months they had grown immensely close to one another. Feyre was glad to call Lucien a friend, and she knew that despite his stubborn nature, he felt the same for her.

"Yes." Tamlin grunted, releasing her face from between his hands. His eyes met hers once more before he left and he placed another soft kiss on her lips, "Stay here. We'll be back soon." though she knew there was no way whatever this threat was would let them come back soon, she only hoped that they returned at all. She wasn't sure what she would do in this world with either of them. She would rather die, surely. If Tamlin or Lucien died, then she would wish that Amarantha had truly succeeded in killing her that day. Feyre took a deep breath in as he walked out of the estate, heading toward the stables and then onto the western woods. She had to have faith that he was strong enough for this threat. Tamlin had killed Amarantha - he would come back for her.

She sunk into a chair in the dining hall and waited for Tamlin and Lucien to return.

Except, she wasn't so patient and with determination in her heart, she grabbed her bow and arrows and went to follow after them.