Dex: 5

Wis: 7

Cha: 102 (103)

Aura: Locked

Semblance: The Game

Perks:

Speak with Animals.

Bardic Skills.

-/-

What a ridiculous stat gain. He'd been somewhere between fifty and sixty before Mistral and doubled it from one online video. It made sense. Before, he'd been performing for a handful of people in parks and gaining the odd level, and he'd escalated to a live performance in front of hundreds of thousands – maybe even millions by now. He was too scared to check – and his stat growth reflected that.

"I could probably become a rockstar with these skills. It'd feel a lot like cheating, but no one would care."

He pictured himself topless on a stage before a crowd of thousands, with an electric guitar strapped over his chest and his hair spiked up. He then imagined his music being broadcast across Remnant, the feedback of: "you have gained +1 Charisma..." ramming into his head, and his spiky punk-rocker self having an aneurism and falling into the crowd.

It probably wouldn't get that bad. The deluge of notifications had been a pain in the ass because they were coming at night when he wanted to sleep. If he was going to do it again, he should plan his videos to go out in the morning and avoid that.

If he decided to.

He had the money he needed to travel. That was it, right? No need for another video.

Other than gaining even more Charisma...

Those juicy, juicy stat points.

"Curse my power-gaming nature," he groaned, shouldering his way into their home. "Mom, I'm back! I've got the shopping."

"Bring it to the kitchen and the girls will put it away."

"Aw, but mom—" whined Jade.

"No buts. Your brother fetched it so you're putting it away."

Jaune smirked and dumped the bags on the table. It wasn't even a big job between the four of them. There was only Jade, Hazel, Sable, and Amber there. They made a show of huffing and going slowly to express their unhappiness, however, and made the job take twice as long as it otherwise would have.

"Where are the others?" he asked.

"Coral has work tutoring some poor boy in poetry and your father has taken Lavender for her weekly check-up. As for Saphron." Juniper rolled her eyes good-naturedly. "Terra managed to get time to come visit."

"Terra is here?"

"Will be later. Saphron wants to clean her room and pretend she isn't half as much of a slob as she is. Who am I to complain about that?"

That would have been something he'd laugh at if it wasn't probably aimed at all of them. Saphron was the cleanest among them, which sounded great until anyone saw their rooms and realised that just meant she was the lesser of many, many evils. Still, it'd been a while since he saw Terra. The two had been dating for a while but it was obviously long distance for the most part. He could still dully remember first meeting her and developing a bit of a crush, back when he thought she was just a "really good friend" of his older sister. A really, really good friend who spent a lot of time doing things in Saphron's room.

So he'd had a crush on his big sister's friend. Sue him. Jaune was fairly sure that was standard younger brother experience. He'd gotten over it quickly enough, especially when the two of them came out to the family.