Nights Like This, Fuckshit

My body's heavy, the streets are dark. I don't even know where I'm going. Earlier I had agreed to take edibles with my friend. Usually I only smoke pens or eat weed. It's always calming, this experience is different. It feels weird, I'm paranoid and wandering the dark streets. I had dropped my friend off at her boyfriend's house. I'm avoiding going home because I don't want my druggie mom to find out. I always feared ending up like her.

I look at the streetlight ahead of me and notice someone standing under it. My vision is too blurry and I can't see who it is. I just continue walking faster until I pass them. But just as I pass them they grab my shoulder. "Y/n?" They speak.

"Who's there?" I squeak out nervously. I hear a chuckle in response. "Yo, it's me, Fuckshit

Right, Fuckshit. That one dude in my skater friend group with Ray, fourth grade, Sunburn, and Ruben. I never really talked to him because I didn't hang out with them much, maybe once in a while. I was closer to Ruben.

"Oh shit, it's just you. Thank god" I sigh in relief. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "Oh, I was just.. uh.. walking around, I guess" I mumble out, my eyes are half open and despite the eyedrops I used earlier they're still a bit red. "Damn, you're faded. And it's dark as fuck outside" he says with that usual dumb voice of his, but there's a hint of concern in it. "Yeah, I uh.. I don't really wanna go home like this"

He pauses "Oh, you're folks don't know, do they?" "They don't, I'm not tryna get caught, so.." I trail off, struggling to keep myself stable enough to stand. He wraps an arm around me for support "Careful" He slightly holds me up. "Oh, uh, thanks" I awkwardly lean onto him for support but he just chuckles "It's aight, I gotcha"

"Thanks" I mumble, even though he's a skater he's smells pretty good, like cologne and cigarettes. "You wanna go skateboarding?" He asks. "Skateboarding? At this time?" I look around blankly. "Yeah, it's always better in the dark, or we could just walk around. Y'know, so you can give it time to wear off" He suggests. "Alright, sure" I say a bit shyly.

With his arm still around me, he starts walking with with me, His skateboard in his other arm. "You hungry? I'll buy you a cheeseburger from the diner"

I nod, in a bit of a haze "sure"

That night I got Cheeseburgers, milkshakes, fries. And in return he got a kiss on the cheek for dropping me off at my house. Thank god when I made it home my mom was knocked out on the couch with a bong in her hand.

 Thank god when I made it home my mom was knocked out on the couch with a bong in her hand

1-17-24
(LISTEN TO THE JACK OFF JILL COVER OF LOVE SONG BY THE CURE)