• How you meet

Stevie

I walked down the street with a bruise on my face, a busted lip, and a cigarette in my mouth

I walked down the street with a bruise on my face, a busted lip, and a cigarette in my mouth. I placed my skate board on the ground and skated until my feet hurt. I hated my dad and wanted to clear my mind, but unfortunately I had gotten lost. I realized as I looked around I was not in my city anymore. 'Where am I?' I thought as my eyes darted around. I had spotted a kid around my age sitting on the side walk. His face was stoic and he wore a beanie with oversized pants and a hood. "Excuse me?" I asked as I threw my cigarette on the ground and stomped out the flame.

He just stared. "Where am I?" I asked. He looked at his shoes. "You're in palms city" he said still staring at his shoes. "Fuck.." I quietly mumbled nervously and looked around. "You ok?" He asked, this time looking up at me. It was then that u noticed a bruise under his left eye and dried blood on the corner of his nose. I decided to ignore it "Yeah I just.. I think I'm lost..". "You need help?" He asked. "Yes please". "Alright, come with me. My friends'll take you. They got a car." He got up and started walking. I quickly followed after him. "So what's your name?" I asked. "Stevie" he replied. "Cool! I'm y/n" I smiled kindly. He stared at me blankly, his small frown then curved into slight smile. "You skate?" He asked.

"Yeah, you?". "Kinda" he replied. "Oh look we're here, meet my friends"

The night ended with smoking and hanging out. Being dropped off around midnight.

Ray

I sighed as I carried my broken skate board to a trash can

I sighed as I carried my broken skate board to a trash can. I plunged it into the trash. "You broke your skateboard?" A voice behind me asked. I turned around to face whoever's voice that was "yeah, I did" I frowned. He glanced at the skateboard in the trash can and then looked back over at me, trying not to make it obvious as he briefly took in my appearance "I sell skateboards, if you wanna buy a new one" he offered. "I guess" I gave a sad smile. "A'ight follow me" he walked towards a shop and I trailed behind. "You can choose any from here" he pointed at a wall full of skateboards "how much is that one?" I said while pulling out my wallet. "Woah woah woah, take it free" he handed me the skateboard.

I pushed the skateboard gently towards him "oh I can't take this free". "No please, take it" he smiled at me. I felt my face heat up a bit, this guy was cute AND kind. People like this are rare to find around my area. "How can I repay you?" I said and gratefully excepted the board. "You don't have to, need me to set it up?" He offered. "No it's ok, here have my number" I placed my board on the counter as I pulled a paper and pen out of my bag. He grabbed the board and started walking towards the edge of the counter as I wrote down my number. After I was done I was shocked to see him setting it up. "You don't have to!" I rushed over "I'm already thankful for the board". "I don't have to, but I want to" he continued setting up the board. "Please, at least take this as a thanks" I handed him my number.