|6|

"Just like that, good."

Gojo had woken me up around nine this morning. He demanded I get ready and meet him outside so he could give me some lessons on cursed energy. Now the two of us stand in an open area of grass somewhere on the same mountain as the school. 

"This isn't working" I release my concentration and open my eyes to see the white-haired man standing a few paces ahead of me.

"It looks like it is," he ponders.

"What're you talking about, I haven't been able to 'sense' your so-called energy all morning."

"Each time you ground yourself, your output increases," he smiles and folds his arms over his chest, "One more time. Don't search for something hidden, look for something already there."

"Gee, thanks," I frown and close my eyes. I murmur a few things under my breath before I take a deep breath and give Gojo's advice a chance.

I close my eyes again and try to search for this cursed energy he's been talking so much about. I feel the breeze blowing through my hair as it ruffles my outfit. The chirps of birds fade away, drowning in the wind as I try to focus on the man in front of me. I furrow my brows together and try to search through my eyelids for Gojo. I remain looking ahead and I feel something. There's nothing visible but it feels tangible. The energy surrounding Gojo feels both boiling and freezing, unpredictable yet so carefully contained.

"Got it?"

"I think so," I don't open my eyes.

"Good job," he praises, "Now without opening your eyes, follow my movements."

The contrasting power that was in front of me dissipated into the breeze. As fast as it's gone I feel the same energy starts to wash over me from behind. I turn around and the waves slow before disappearing again, "Not quite, focus."

I squeeze my eyes shut tighter and try to feel the burning sensation creeping along my skin. It was farther this time but off to my right. I turn and face it again. As soon as I do it's behind me again, causing me to spin around yet again. 

"That's it," his voice comes from behind me, as soon as I face him the energy's shifted yet again. 

The freezing sensation I've been chasing disappears for a moment. The area we're in is blanketed in this burning chill. I look around a few times keeping my eyes shut until I look up and feel the source radiating down.

It's gone, behind me again, "You can open your eyes now," I open my eyes and turn to face him. He's smiling down at me with a wide, proud smile. 

I mirror his smile, proud of myself, "So what's next?"

"Eager for more?" He crosses his arms, "Let's shift gears, I want you to try and feel your own energy now."

"How?"

"Feel the surrounding area, and try to focus on each energy equally. Separate and identify them," Gojo takes a few steps closer and circles me slowly, I close my eyes and listen to the birds chirping. 

The wind picks up and I hear Gojo hum. I feel the same burning and freezing coming from Gojo. I furrow my brow and try to ignore the searing energy that's coming from in front of me. It's too hard to ignore, the waves are suffocating. I take a deep breath and force myself to listen to the birds in the nearby trees, but they're nowhere to be found.

I squeeze my eyes shut as the breeze picks up again. The breeze sends a chill down my spine. This chill shifts to that of frostbite which begins to burn. My arms are covered in goosebumps and my veins feel like fire. My eyes shoot open and I rub down my arms, trying to scrub this feeling away. Adrenaline starts to rush through me causing me to panic.