Wild flowers

Getting into the hallway where the sound came from, I saw a girl sneakily coming from the opposite end. She continuously glanced behind her, but what caught my attention was that enticing smell that has been lingering in the air.

It seemed to be coming from her direction. I walked closer not making a sound, I wanted to make sure.

She seemed absent minded. I stopped right where I knew she'd walk into me and she did bump into me. Just like that, she fell seated on the floor. How more fragile can women be? I stared down at her, she was dressed in Royal apparel. I immediately knew she was the princess.

She remained on the floor staring at me. She was scared, but I wasn't bothered.

The scent was so strong around her, stronger than I've ever smelt it before
" Who, who are you?" She asked. Her voice was a beautiful sound.
" I.... I... My name is Odeth and I am the daughter of the emperor" she said loudly.

I hummed, not at what she said but at the sound of her voice. I stretched out my hand for her to hold. She just stared at it hesitating, I frowned  but kept my hand out to her. She finally placed her hand in mine. I wrapped my hand around her very small one, if I wasn't careful I'd probably crush it.

I held her up to her feet. She looked up at me. She was small, but wasn't short for a woman.
" Who are you?" She asked again. I studied her face, she was afraid. I stepped closer to her but she stepped back.

This annoyed me. The more I tried to get close to her, she kept trying to get away.
" I am the princess" she stated. I really wouldn't have bothered if not for the scent coming from her. What was it about the scent that pulled me so much?

Before she could get further away, I placed my hand behind her and pushed her against myself earning a scream from her in the process.

I breathed in at the contact, I had  never let any woman this close. I stared at her shocked expression. She was a beautiful woman. Have I ever looked at any woman's face before? I couldn't remember. There was no woman's face in my memory, except my mother whom I never got to see. I quickly put that at the back of my mind.

I lowered my head to the side of her face as I quietly sniffed her neck. God.. she smelt so good.
" Please, I... please don't hurt me" she begged. I wasn't going to hurt her.

I inhaled her scent deeply, she smelt like flowers, wild flowers to be precise. An intoxicating mixture of wild flowers. I held her closer, not getting enough of her scent. But why did my bed smell like her so much?

I pulled away after getting a little bit of my senses back. I couldn't be so wanting of a woman's scent,no, never. I walked past her

" Who are you?" She asked and I stopped, I was under no obligation to answer to her but I wanted to " Call me War" I said simply. I wanted her to know I was the one and not one of my men. I started walking again

" Wait" she called out loudly and I found myself stopping again.
" May I see your face?" She asked. That wasn't necessary, so I walked away, fully aware of her lingering eyes.

Getting to the party. My men had lit a born fire, they drank and laughed, telling stories about things they've done or experienced. I couldn't concentrate on any of it. I thought about my interaction with the princess. She must have been in my room before, because she was obviously the source of the scent.

I joined my men in drinking trying to distract myself from the princess. I knew I was liking her scent way too much and if my body started needing or craving it. It wouldn't end up good. I had to stay away from the scent.

* * * *

    Raymond, the emperor, invited me to stroll with him in the garden the next day. He did most of the talking, about politics, how he planned on accepting some of the kingdoms who wanted to trade with Velander.

I didn't care about all that, I didn't care about whatever he did, as long as I was in charge of the killing. Most of the time, i only responded with a nod or a hm. I had nothing to say.

The flowers around had nice scents but nothing compared to this man's daughter. I wondered what sorcery could make her smell like that. If I hadn't met a lot of princesses, j would have thought it was because she was a princess, but no, other princesses ... I don't remember if they even had scents.

After a lot of thinking about it, I've come to realize I was the only one experiencing the scent. Curse my senses, never before have I complained about being cursed until now, although without them, I wouldn't have known such a wonderful smell existed.

I was a warrior, a little scent from a little princess shouldn't affect me so much. As I and the emperor walked ahead, I felt the air change. I could sense something coming from behind. It was getting closer and closer.

I turned around quickly enough to stop whatever it was and to my utmost disappointment. It was the princess, once again she fell seated on the ground.

I was surprised to see she was the one but I let no expression show on my face as I looked down at her. Her hair looked wild, surely, she must have done a lot of running.

Emperor Raymond stood in front of his daughter in shock. Probably the first time he saw his daughter like this. She looked at me, her ocean blue eyes running over my facial features, nothing I wasn't used to, until her eyes met mine. Something electric ran through my insides.

Her eyes slowly moved from mine, probably trying to memorize my face. I wondered if I met her expectations. With that thought, I felt something turned inside me, it was painful but I kept a neutral face.

_________________________

Sorry about the late updates. I've just been a little busy.

Hope you guys like this one.

Please vote & Comment

Xoxo 💋😘