Chapter Thirteen

Cassidy

Most bad days start normal.

This day was no exception.

Sara woke me up at 7:00 am, with breakfast. Which consisted of waffles and strawberries. We sat and talked for a little while, before she had to clean up the kitchen.

I decided to shower and change into more presentable clothes. I brushed through my hair and went downstairs to greet the workers.

Around 9:00 am, I was outside with Sara helping her dig up loose dirt and dead plants. Around 10:00 am I was cleaning up my room to pass the time.

I went back downstairs at 11:00 am, and by this time; my mother decided she was going to acknowledge me.

"You need to leave." My mother says, her tone is dry and cold.

"Excuse me?" I say under my breath.

"I said, you need to leave." My mother says again, as if I was just being stupid.

"What do you-" I tried to ask what she was talking about, but she cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"You're going to go downtown, with Daniel." My mother says, while pointing to the man next to her. "And I expect you to do it now." My mother continues.

I stammered and tried to find the words to express some sort of displeasure. But I knew I had no choice but to comply. I didn't dare ask why either...after her threat yesterday I was a little scared to question her.

"Okay." I mumbled.

My mother's mouth twisted into a sly smirk, and she motioned the man towards the front door.

"Go ahead." My mother says, while pushing her arms forward to motion me away.

I scoffed and walked towards the man, who was waiting for me by the door. I realized he was the same man that flirted with Sara yesterday.

He looked exactly the same, just a little more displeased or even annoyed. He opened the door for me and watched as I walked out.

I pulled down my shorts, and glanced at Sara. She was still outside tending to the garden around the house.

She looked up at me and scrunched her face in confusion.

"Where are you going." Sara asks.

"My mother says I have to leave." I say, while throwing my arms in the air with frustration.

Sara frowns, and looks back at the dirt. Her eyes avoid mine, she seems a little worried.

"Well, you better go then." Sara says, continuing to dig up loose dirt.

The man next to me scoffs under his breath and begins to walk towards the car parked right by the gate. He opens the front car door, and doesn't start the car until I begin to follow him.

I mumble profanities and get into the car, slamming the door shut.

I can't believe I'm getting kicked out of the house. She forced me to leave without any explanation. She has me wrapped around her finger, controlling my every move. It was infuriating.

The man rolled down the window and opened the gate, before stepping on the gas pedal and leaving the property.

I wonder what happened to the other driver. He was the one driving me on Monday.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously, crossing my arms and legs.

"I don't care." The driver says.

I wrinkled my nose and bit the inside of my cheek. He was kinda rude. The way he said that, made it seem like my question was irrelevant.