Chapter seven

It's been about two months now. Things are finally feeling normal again. Tania has been meeting up with Ariana, and it's done a lot of improving. I even got the papers from her dad, and I did what was expected of me. I signed it. Both me and my daughter had gone through a breakup. The only difference is that I chose to separate from Tony, but Ariana had no choice but to separate from her dad. It hurts, but how can it remain soar if there is so much more to look forward to.
In a short black skirt and a wine red button shirt tucked in, silver jewelry, and my hair clipped up, I make my way down the hall. I have my freedom, my life, and my daughter back. I push open the doors where they're busy with the photoshoot. Goodness heaven. Stephen is dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt, half open. His facial hair is shortened, and his hair is combed. He is very handsome indeed.

"How is everything going?" I ask and approach. Jasmine looks surprised at me and grabs me into her arms.

"Welcome back," she giggles and hugs me tightly. I laugh uncomfortably and look at everyone who stopped and turned to look at me. I touch Jasmine's cheek with a smile and head up to the photographers.

"Please continue shooting. Can Stephen just see me after five minutes?" I ask and turn to Jasmine, who followed shortly on my tail. "I need you to get the gym set ready. Today, we catch two birds with one trap. I think Stephen is a great candidate for the gym advertisement."

"Okay," Jasmine nods and rushes off. I look at Stephen, who nods his head slowly, just smiling at me. Right, so I took some time off to myself, and I am ready for the rest of my life. It's not easy, but it's getting better every day.

I take in as much air watching Stephen approach me. He nods impressed, biting his lip. He's even more good-looking up close.

"Mrs. Kendall wanted to see me?" He asks and stops in front of me. I inhale deeply and nod my head slowly. "Am I in trouble, boss?"

I know he's teasing me. His face and impression on his wise choice of words speak more than he does.

"When I look at a gym advertisement, I see a young man, all build with muscles holding a shake in his right hand with a weight in his left and a towel over his shoulder," I tell him and put my hands on my hips. "Or a woman. What I want is truth. That you can gym at any age and still be beautiful. So, judging you by your appearance, we are doing this shoot now. I don't need you to flex or show anything. I just want you to pose in a gym outfit with sweat dripping down your face and your oily hair wild as wild can be. Something realistic."

"Oh, you want me to look like one of those men with back pains advertising some sort of pain relief patches or pills," he teases me. I role my eyes with a giggle and take a step back. "Mind to mess up my hair for me?"

"I wouldn't mind, but behind you is a guy that works with the press, has a camera, and a million ideas on how to thrill the world with gossip news. I will pass this time, but be sure that I will mess up your hair in the future," I tease him back and laugh when he scratches his head a little embarrassed. "Meet me in my office when you're done here, okay?"

"Sure," he nods happily. I fold my arms and look around us and then back at him. "Rose, you look beautiful."

"Thanks," I nod and turn around to leave. I have to leave now. One compliment can lead to an awkward long stare, and my biggest fear is that he will take my hand and lean in. I wouldn't mind it, but there's a lot to consider at the moment. He works for me, and giving him access to this romantic part of my life is like leaving the door open to every other employee in the building.

Quietly, I page through the new magazine that came out. There's a short story on me that drew my attention, but I really took it to see what we have. I have to make sure no one copies me or that I don't make the accident of choosing something someone else already has.
My doors go open, and Stephen walks in. I raise an eyebrow and look at him. He's dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"Wow, look at you!" I laugh and get up from my seat. He closes the door behind him and runs slowly to my desk. "I have no regrets on this choice."

"Artificial sweat," he chuckles and pulls the shirt away a little, pretending to cool himself down. "I never longed for a shower as much as I do now."

"Wish I could agree," I reply and close the megazine, letting it rest on my desk. "Now, I just want to say thank you for being so patient, letting Jasmine do all the arrangements with you. I know you said that you hate working through the company and preferred I work directly with you. Also, Tania is doing a really good job with Ariana. In general, Tania is doing extremely well. Have you seen the bakery?"

"Oh yes, she has a talent," he chuckles and folds his arms. "It's good to have you back, Rose-Ann Kendall. You look really beautiful, and I can barely get over how much you've bloomed."

"I didn't want everyone to feel sorry for me after the divorce has been made known to everyone. So, I stayed away," I reply and walk around to him. "I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner some time or the other? I would like you to meet Ariana."

"I'd love that," he replies. He seems very happy that I asked. "I only found out when I went to the shop, and I saw you on the cover of every megazine on a picture split in half between you and Tony. Only then did I realize that you mentioned it somewhere between explaining to me about Ariana's father and the business."

"Oh yes, I just told you roughly about it," I reply and take a seat on my desk. "It wasn't official yet, that's why I didn't go into details. Now, shall I expect you and Tania, tomorrow night at 6:30?"

"We won't miss it for the world," he chuckles. I nod my head with a giggle and look down. "If I may be so bold to say this, but that divorce is the best thing that ever happened to you since I got to know you, Rose-Ann."

"Really?" I ask and look at him. He nods and takes a seat next to me on my desk. "I feel good after the divorce."

"Well, you look good, and I can see your confidence more now than before," he smiles at me. I giggle and bump my shoulder gently against his. "I never took this much interest in women. I don't know why I feel this with you. I guess it's because you are independent,  strong, and stubborn. You walk with a type of authority that can drive men mad."

"Do I drive you mad?" I ask softly. Well, it's an innocent question from a harmless statement.

"More than you think," he replies and looks at me. A smile forces itself to my lips, and all I do is look down and allow my face to warm up. "I should actually put you under arrest for crossing limited property."

"Go ahead," I chuckle and hold put my two hands. He laughs and places his hand on my arms to let it down. "I know that we just met recently, and things are still new, but I hope that we stand a chance of being friends. I don't really have friends."

"Well, you have one now," he mutters.