Chapter three

I couldn't close an eye last night. I kept thinking over and over again about what Tania said. It makes me wonder what my life will be like being single and on my own. Yes, I will feel lonely, but it's better than what I'm experiencing now!

"Morning," Tony greets me and takes a seat at the table. "Can I have coffee, please?"

"Sure," I nod and go to the kettle to pour him some coffee. Should I wait before I talk to him? No, because I will think about it until I leave it and just decide to go forth with this. "How did you sleep?"

He ignores me and just continues doing what he does on the phone. I stare at him, waiting for him to start choking on his spit or fall to the floor, holding his chest in pain. I get nothing out of him. Not a single reaction. I take his cup to the table and put it in front of him.

"Tony, can we talk, please?" I ask him. He smiles at his phone and looks at me. I touch his hand and take a seat. "I've been thinking a lot about us lately and... I don't think I can do this anymore."

"Do what anymore?" He asks with an odd look.

"I want a divorce," I whisper. He looks surprised at me, growing quiet. Yes, I caught him off guard. That's the only way I can get things into his head. "I can't do this anymore, Tony."

"Are you sure about this?" He asks. I nod my head, waiting for him to ask me why or try to convince me to stay, but instead, he gets up and turns around to leave. I inhale deeply in relieve feeling so happy to finally have this over. "I expected this, Rose-Ann."
My eyes shoot at him as he turns around a bit, looking at the table. He never looks me in the eyes or even at me.
"I wasn't very faithful to you either and... I think it's time we come clean," he continues speaking. My heart starts beating faster. What's he going to say? What's going to happen now? "Have you ever wondered why we don't have sex? Have you ever wondered why I barely kiss you or touch you?"

"We have sex when you're drunk," I remind him and laugh it off awkwardly. "That's not the reason why I'm leaving you, Tony. You are a narcissist, very self-orientated, and I don't feel anything for you. There you have it."

"I'm in love with someone else, Rose-Ann," he says. My heart jumps, and my whole body grows stiff. "We've been seeing each other for a while now."

"You're just saying that to hurt me," I whisper. He shakes his head and turns to face me. I fold my arms and nod my head slowly. "I see. Well, let me talk to Ariana first, and then we can break it to the public."

"Okay," he agrees happily and leaves the kitchen. He wasted my time and space. I didn't want to come home to my own house because he was here, all along, he's been screwing someone else.

I was about fifteen minutes late for the meeting, trying to fix my makeup in the car. The sad reality is that I should be relieved, but instead, I'm hurt. I rush into the boardroom and move straight to my seat.

"Sorry I'm late," I apologize to them and look at the pictures on the board. "Let's start. First, our model, which was supposed to do project 1120 with us, didn't turn up. I found a quick replacement, which I found was perfect for this, but I have other ideas for her. She's into baking, and last time we did a project regarding food, was when we had a remake of Julia Child. We need something original in that line."

"Oh, what about a shoot of her baking and representing her dishes even with a dirty kitchen just to inspire women to mess up their cupboards a little and have fun in the kitchen?" Natalie says in excitement. I nod my head slowly and look at Jasmine, who placed a picture in front of me.

"We have a deadline, and unfortunately, we won't have time until then to mes sup a kitchen, bake, and have fun and then do a proper story," Jasmine says and place tge rest of the photo's on the board. Oh, so she did an interview that meangirl from the restaurant. "I found a replacement for this project. We can do a whole new project with Tania when we have enough time."

"Oh, what's her name again?" I ask, trying to remember. I'm very good with names, but sometimes it's better forgotten.

"Jessica," Jasmine replies. "Have you met her?"

"Yes. I've been waiting for her to apply for this job. Do this project with her and give her extra grief. Make sure she stays out of my face before I fire her," I reply and get up from my seat. "I've dealt with a lot of mean people in my life, but a cheeky little bitch like that is my favorite dish."

"She said you told her to bring in her resume," Jasmine says with a strange look.

"Yes, I did, before she was rude to the waiter that served me and asked her to respect my privacy. She wanted pictures with me, and I declined. My waiter just did as she was dutied to do," I tell them and go to the board. "How far is the bakery downstairs? Have you decided what you want to do yet?"

"Yes. There is so much space in the waiting area that we decided to convert that into a bakery. The waiting area will now be moved to the front at the reception. So people can either decide to wait while being watched by our receptionists or they can enjoy something fresh and support our local bakery," Thomas, the manager of the building, says very proudly. I nod my head slowly and inhale, deeply trying to fit everything in my mind. "We have a big space there enough to fit in a kitchen and the deli."

"I think this bakery is exactly what we need," Jasmine nods her head happily. "Mean, we have lunch breaks as well, and I hate getting caught in traffic."

"So what will happen afterward with Tania? Will we continue to use her while she runs the bakery?" Natalie asks.

"I will talk to her about it, but I doubt it. Running a bakery and the runway will be very heavy," I reply and fold my arms with a heavy sigh. "Tania has a lot of weight on her at the moment already. I don't want her to suffocate."

"To suffocate?"
Terrified, I look at this older man who walks into the room angrily. He gives me a deadly look like he can't wait to get his claws into my face.
"And what are you? I don't see you any skinnier than Tania," he goes off on me. Jasmine steps slightly in front of me to protect me from this perpetrator. "Tania isn't fat, and I will not let her lose weight just to satisfy your rich, ungrateful ass."

I look down at the table and then back at him again. It scares me that I don't react or anything. How can I? I'm used to being spoken to like this. Ask Tony.
He has short greyish black hair and thick facial hair.

"I dare you to say one more bad thing about her," he says and walks out. Did he just threaten me? I remain quiet and look at Jasmine, who immediately followed him. Slowly, I turned back to everyone who sat there horrified. I can call in security and have him removed, but taking this conversation, he must be her dad.

"The meeting is over," I tell them and grab my things, leaving the room. I make my way to my office, passing this stranger who Jasmine was explaining to. Our eyes met for a split second before I planted my eyes on my office door. I push through the doors and go to my desk.
How dare he assume I was talking bad about Tania? Well, judging my last few words, I understand the misunderstanding. Still, you shouldn't act upon your emotions.