Chapter 6 - Summer Memories Pt 1

Start from the beginning

Haera's taunting seemed to really trigger the other girls, as they responded with even more anger and frustration.

The girl pointed her fingers towards Haera as they walked backward near the pool, and then suddenly shouted an insult at her.

"You think you're so popular and perfect, huh?! You're nothing without your rich parents, and your beauty and Yeoryeong, all you are is a flirty one!!!"

Haera Looked at them seemed unbothered by the other girl's words, as she responded with a calm voice.

"I don't need my rich parents or my beauty to make me who I am. I am worth more than any of those things. At least I'm not an attention seeker as you are."

The girl's aggression seemed to escalate as she approached Haera with a fierce stare and determination.

"Are you that confident? You're treating us like nothing!" the girl shouted at her, seeming to get more furious and aggressive with each word.

As the girl approached, Haera took another step back. Her eyes narrowed at the girl, but she maintained her composure. However, she took a few more steps back, and was now dangerously close to the pool, still walking backward.

As Haera continued to maintain her composure and stared down the girl with her fierce yet charming and intimidating look, the girl seems to have lost her cool completely.

"Now look at your expression" Haera spoke calmly

"You're affected by my words when your the one started it first. " She told her as the girl pushed her into the pool.

The unexpected push made Haera's arms flail as she tried to save herself, but her sudden panic and fear caused her to lose control.

She couldn't stay afloat, and her head started to slowly sink beneath the water.

She suddenly remembered one incident when she was younger, where she had been bullied by her classmates and shoved into the sea, where she almost drowned.

But suddenly, someone pulled her up from the water, struggling for breath as she slowly opened her eyes and came back to awareness.  

"Heuk!!" She was soaking wet with water dripping from every part of her, her clothes clinging to her body and her hair drenched.

As Haera's vision came into focus, she saw the person who pulled her from the waters was Chunyoung. He sat soaking wet on the ground and looked at her with concern. 

Haera muttered his name, but before Chunyoung could react, she saw that Yeoryeong and Dan had approached them with worried looks on their faces.

"Haera!" Yeoryeong shouted as she hugged her tightly, crying loudly. Dan-i stood next to them, looking on with a concerned look.

"Are you okay, Haera?" Dan-i asked with concern. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." Haera replied, forcing a smile. 

"Are you sure? Should we take you to the clinic?" Dan-i asked, worrying that Haera might be hurt. Haera wondered where the other girls who were with her were.

" by the way where's the girls with me?" Haera asked

"They run away." Chunyoung stated, causing Yeoryeong's expression to darken. 

"Haera! Tell me, did they do this to you? Do you want revenge?" Yeoryeong demanded, visibly angry. 

"No, I don't need that. Let them be." Haera replied calmly, smiling as she looked at Chunyoung again.

"Thank you for saving me, Chunyoung. If you weren't here, I might have died." Haera said with genuine gratitude. 

"It's okay. I don't mind..." Chunyoung replied vaguely as he stood up and gave Haera a towel.