Accepted and learning

Eyrïni's POV

After quite a while of sitting and waiting for Neteyam or anyone to come and tell me they are ready to start the ceremony seemed to go on forever.

While waiting I took a few ritual candles and lit them after putting them in a circle around me, I started praying to Eywa that all would go well and I would not be looked at, as a stranger even if it would not be anything new it hurt to know my own clan saw me as a stranger.

I started chanting while also dancing a painfully yet meaningful dance I learned from my grandmother that has been in our clan given from Tsahìk to Tsahìk in generations. It was a way for us to communicate with or dear Eywa without connecting to The Tree Of Soul's if we were too far from it.

I was nearing the end of my Tsahìk ritual, and I thought I would make it to the end uninterrupted but for my sake Eywa had to let something disturb me. I heard wood hit the ground as well as the sound of something splashing filled my ears, I turned around to see a petrified Lo'ak with a hand on his neck, rubbing it.

He made eye contact with me and let a sheepish grin slip, "Hey, I was told to come get you like 10 minutes ago so we're pretty late, but I saw you dancing and I sorta zoned out?" It did not sound like a simple statement at all, more like a question as if he was unsure of his own words or doings.

Registering his words panic hit me like a Pa'li ramming into me, I let out a frustrated hiss but still grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him out of the blue tent. I kept mumbling to myself before I realised I do not even know where to go, so I stopped and turned to a smug looking Lo'ak, oh Eywa he looked just like him.

He rose a eyebrow which clearly me and Na'vi that did not have four fingers lacked, so it indeed looked weird. "So you finally came to your senses, cmon follow me we'll ride with my Ikran."

He turned around and started walking in a different direction, the opposite of which I was originally going to, with nothing left to do I followed him to see Lo'ak already on his Ikran, waiting for me when I finally got close enough he reached his palm with four fingers on it, and once I grabbed it he pulled me behind him.

After making a double check if we did not forget anything and that I was 110% sure I was holding security around his waist, he let out a war cry and commanded his Ikran, Bobby which I learned was the name of his Ikran despite Lo'ak's protests of him going too slow, he refused to go faster only wanting to get me there, wherever we were going safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
30 minutes later

We have been flying for about 30 minutes now, at some point not too long ago he asked me to put a blindfold around my eyes, to do so I had to let go of him so he put his arm behind him so he could hold me securely by the back of my thigh.

We were flying in comfortable silence only once in a while asking questions or just to simply annoy each other, "Why do I have to wear this again, I would much more prefer it off so I could see your skxawng ass get scolded?" I once again in the past 5 minutes got him annoyed.

At this point Lo'ak had stopped answering me only humming or groaning out of annoyance. He would think twice before offering to go after someone just so he could escape helping his clan prepare for the ceremony, this was even worse.

I heard Lo'ak mutter something among the lines of 'funcking finally' but that could have been my imagination. More than 10 seconds passed when I felt us lowering to the ground on Bobby, once down Lo'ak got off first then I felt his hands on my waist as he lowered me. Once I was sure I was on the mossy ground I put my palm on Bobby's neck and patted it in thanks.

"Rïni cmon, a few step and you can take that thing off, although I like it better on so I don't have to look at that skxawng face of yours." Lo'ak spoke with such pride and obvious smirk on his lips, I so wanted to slap it off but I am not risking him letting me go and dropping me.