Pride, Pain And Jealousy

Eyrïni's POV

We were at the base waiting for Jake to give his signal for us to fly, it felt like hours but in reality it was only minutes then we heard that familiar hissing sound in our ear pieces.

"Devil Dog, Ground Team in position. Over." Turning my head I looked at Jake as he made eye contact with me, I was sitting eagerly on Zxko until I saw it. Jake gave me a nod as in saying 'lead the way'. I did not have to be told twice as I let out my usual yet different War Cry from the rest and did a back flip over the edge with my Ikran.

Looking behind me, I saw everyone else following behind me. The different Ikran blending together in the sky was like watching the ocean waves at day. Under different circumstances I would have marvelled over the sight but I had a mission to complete.

While flying with Zxko I could let my mind wander to anything else, I did not need to keep my mind in check because I trusted him with my life. The training we have had while being blindfolded has definitely paid off.

I let my mind slip to the vision I was show by The Great Mother, she definitely showed me it for a reason. While trying to figure out my own thoughts, I was pulled out of them when Jake gave us a signal to stay hidden while flying. I took this time to count over my unique arrows, I counted around thirty so I had nothing to worry about.

 I took this time to count over my unique arrows, I counted around thirty so I had nothing to worry about

Eyrïni's arrows⤴️

I carefully took one of my deadly arrows that tip was covered in a toxic, it is used in battle to kill the enemy in seconds. I make my arrows by myself, nobody knows the way i make them as it is tricky yet not impossible.

It is unique not only by the design but mostly by the damage that it causes, I was surprised by the results when I made sharp edges in the three tips. If the arrows tips are even less than half way in, then damage is massive. Try to pull it out, it will pull skin, rip it out then a chunk of skin will come along with it causing you to only loose blood faster, easy and simple as that.

Neytiri and Jake were impressed by them so much that Jake had asked me to make a few, by a few I mean A LOT so that some may be used by others in the ambush. My hands were shaking after it and I could not bend my fingers for two days but it was worth it.

Then there came the signal. 'Time to show them who is boss' something Jake always says. Then we took off to the train tracks, as we flew closer we saw a metal machine fast approaching the trap.

There was a anxious silence as we waited for the explosion, only the sound of Ikran screeching and Na'vi yipping was heard. "Ground Team, go!" Then happened the explosion, it made a ringing noise in my ears yet I watched as the metal machine did not have time to stop as it crashed down, that is when we unleashed our anger and defended our home, our forest.

We fly through the air and let out war cries, I lifted my bow over my head with both of my hands while ululating "Aiaiaiai!" My cries were responded back from my people by their own, Neytiri's is the one that sounded back to me far to my left, looking through the thick branches I saw her look back at the Air Team as she lifted her father's bow in her left hand.