Arc 2 | Chapter 12 - A Greedy mansion bathe in cursed shadows(part 1)

Începe de la început

"We don't have the entire picture, so all I can tell you is that she is confusing me with Natsuki Subaru." Subaru said before his silver eyes changed into inhuman crimson.

《"Now on the subject of Satella, how did she even locate us specific?"》 Erebus questioned. 《"Did she take one look on our appearance and just go "that's my tall and handsome man"?"》 Erebus jokingly theorised.

{It is possible. She isn't exactly in a sane mindset right about now.} Subaru said, acknowledging that the theory had some sense to it. Well as much sense you can have when it involves a insane witch.

Erebus then realised something. He turned to Beatrice. 《"I'm Erebus. Nice to meet you."》 He greeted with a nod.

"Oh, Betty is Betty." Beatrice introduced herself after realising that she also forgot to greet her second contractor. Actually, now that she thought about it. Doesn't she technically have three contractors? Pushing that question to the side, she analysed the living proof of the impossible. A conscious represents a witch factor.

"So it is true then..." Beatrice stared at Erebus with fascination. "A witch factor developed a conscious."

《"Yes an... alien factor."》 Erebus responded with a lack of life in his voice, which caused Beatrice to sweat drop.

{We get it, you are not fine with the discovery of the sin factor's origin. You can cope after we leave the mansion. Oh, just to let you know, I will be in our internal world creating a spell for us.} Subaru said exasperated, having already grown annoyed of Erebus attitude. Erebus sighed and nodded in acknowledgement.

《"Both me, Subaru, and you are going to leave the mansion. It isn't safe for us, and by us, I mean me and Subaru to be here."》

"Betty understand why you- both of you wouldn't feel safe with Puckie around and maybe the clown." One of her eyebrows rose as curiosity sparked in her eyes. "But the maids and the half-elf? From what Subaru has told Betty about your capabilities, Betty can not see how you would fear the maids and the half-elf."

《"Let me correct you, Beatrice. We don't fear anyone."》 Erebus began.《"The maids will not be a problem, I have already prepared all tools needed to neutralise them. However, I plan to use them as... test dummies for some spells later this evening. Neither I nor Subaru want you anywhere near us when the maids and us fight."》 Beatrice was about to protest, but Erebus quickly silent her. The kind older brotherly air around him was replaced by a cold but commanding one. 《"This is not a request, Beatrice. This is an order, and orders are followed without questions, and if you want to question our authority, then you will have to earn the right to do so."》 Erebus walked away from the cauldron and towards Beatrice. His eyes narrowed firmly at Beatrice. Beatrice instinctively gulped and froze as Erebus slowly approached her tiny frame. He stared down at her with firm, truthful but cold eyes and continued speaking.《"While we will treat you as a family member, you are still our contact spirit. Both me and Subaru will not tolerate disobedience from our subjects. Is that clear?"》 Beatrice flinched at the cold tone.

"Yes, Sir!" She quickly responded while instinctively getting on one knee, bowing.

《"Good,"》 Erebus nodded his head in approval before getting on one knee. He started to pat Beatrice head. Which caused her to look up at him. He gave a small smile.《"I look forward to getting to know you and watching you grow Beatrice. Both of us do. As my subject, as my sister, my comrade-in-arms and as my loyal friend."》

Beatrice eyes widen. It was at that moment she realised something about Subaru and Erebus. Both of them have this... air around them. It feels commanding, firm, and dangerous but also calm. Yet somehow, it also felt majestic. Like you wanted to try and meet their expectations, to do better in their presence. To be worthy of walking beside them. They feel like a leader.