CHAPTER SIX. . .the wedding

[THE ASHES AND BLOOD]

[ACT ONE

CHAPTER SIX]

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

Much to Otto's displeasure, Prince Baelon Targaryen quickly recovered. The maesters' healing skills proved helpful in the case of the injured prince. The fall was serious and the prince's leg was bruised. Grand Maester Mellos recommended the use of the herbs and ointments he prescribed and rest. Queen Alysanne took this to heart and ordered guards to keep an eye on prince. More than anything, Baelon didn't want to stay in bed. He tried to convince his mother to change her mind, but to no avail. Alysanne was stubborn and personally made sure that the prince didn't move from his chamber.

The Queen visited her son often, bringing with her Viserys, Daemon, Daenerys and little Aegon. Despite the pain that Aegon's birth had brought and Baelon's absence from the boy's life, the father had quickly come to love his son and now spent time with his three sons and his beloved granddaughter.

Daenerys grew bigger day by day. She often wore beautiful hairstyles and expensive dresses that her Aunt Viserra chose for her. The elder princess made it her mission to make sure that her nephew's daughter would be seen wearing a different dress every day, made of expensive materials from Lys or Tyrosh. During this time, Viserra became very close to her older brother. It was clear to the people living in the Red Keep that Viserra Targaryen was in love with Baelon. But no one said a word about it. They were too afraid of the king's wrath if he found out about his daughter's actions, so they remained silent.

The king, at his wife's urging, sent a raven to the Eyrie to invite Lord Arryn and his family to a party celebrating Viserys' betrothal to Aemma. Lord Rodrik Arryn was happy to hear the king's request for the betrothal of his youngest daughter to the prince. In his eyes, this was the greatest achievement of all his children. Lord Rodrik was married twice. His first wife gave him four children - two sons and two daughters. He later had the honor of marrying one of the king's many daughters. Princess Daella was six and ten at that time. There were many men from distinguished families who sought the princess's hand in marriage. These included Boremund Baratheon of Storm's End, Tymond Lannister of Casterly Rock, and Rodrik Arryn of the Eyrie. Daella ultimately chose the latter because she found him the nicest. She died in 80 AC giving birth to their only daughter, Aemma. Lord Rodrik hasn't remarried since then, although he has received marriage proposals from other parts of Westeros. At a young age, he married off his eldest children, thus obtaining alliances. And now House Arryn would once again come closer to the crown through Aemma's marriage to Viserys.

His two eldest daughters were dissatisfied with their younger sister's engagement to the prince. Aemma was the youngest of them, the least important. Yet she was about to marry the best match in the kingdom. Two women were simply jealous of the honor bestowed upon their younger half-sister.