CHAPTER THREE. . .the little prince

[THE ASHES AND BLOOD]

[ACT ONE

CHAPTER THREE]

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

While waiting for her husband after the Small Council, on the ninth day of her eighth month of pregnancy, Princess Alyssa Targaryen felt severe pains in her lower abdomen. She was then in the process of brushing her long silver hair, and when she felt the first twitch, she dropped the gilded brush to the ground, a painful sigh escaped her lips, which attracted the attention of her ladies-in-waiting. The women quickly summoned the maester and helped their mistress to lie down on the bed. Alyssa was horrified when she felt something running down her leg, and when she lifted her nightgown, she noticed that it wasn't fetal water, but blood.

After the death of the last Grand Maester Allar, the new Grand Maester - Mellos was sent from the Citadel to come to King's Landing with the king's permission. His past isn't entirely known, but unlike the previous Grand Maester, he didn't inspire the confidence of the Princess and the Crown Prince. He was strange, quiet, and withdrawn. Most of the time he sat in his private chambers, his nose buried in dusty books, or in the hall of the Small Council, where he talked about his ideas for the Realm, but he never stepped out of line, as most lords did.

Grand Maester Mellos reached the princess' chambers as quickly as he could, and then went about his work and helping the woman in labor. It was all happening too fast, the pain continued, but Alyssa gritted her teeth and tried to push her baby out, following the orders of the Grand Maester and the midwives. All she wanted at that moment was to hold her child safely in her arms, to protect him or her from the harms of this world, and to kiss her child on the forehead like any mother would.

"Send for the prince. He is needed here" ordered the Grand Maester to one of the ladies-in-waiting, who immediately ran out of the princess's chambers and ran through the corridors of the Red Keep, looking for Prince Baelon, whom she found only after a few minutes. As she broke the news to him, without hesitating a second, the silver-haired prince paced the corridors, running into Maegor's Holdfast and heading for his wife's chambers. "My beloved" the prince approached his wife lying on the bed, her face contorted in pain and her teeth clenched. "Avy jorrāelan" he gasped as he grabbed her hand, he felt his airway constrict, taking his breath away as he watched the pain his wife was going through and he could do nothing but whisper soothing words to her that didn't lessen her suffering. I love you.

Princess Alyssa's screams were heard in the corridors of the Red Keep. Viserys, now playing with his daughter, cringed with each scream of his mother, but still found enough strength to play with his daughter. Sitting next to them, Daemon watched his little niece and even held her little hand, and she smiled happily at him in return. She was now three months old and the happiest baby the Targaryens had ever seen.