CHAPTER FOUR. . .the library

Hi. First of all, I would like to apologize for the long absence. I feel it's unfair that I haven't posted any explanation for so long, but I was going through a creative crisis, lack of inspiration and I'm in my final year of high school, so I have a lot of things on my mind. But I will try to post more often. For now, enjoy!

theoneandonly

[THE ASHES AND BLOOD]

[ACT ONE

CHAPTER FOUR]

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

Once again, in just a few months, all the Targaryens gathered on Rhaenys Hill, where public funerals of one of the Dragon House members were usually held. This time on the altar was the body of Princess Alyssa Targaryen. A wife and mother who had not lived enough was forced to leave by the gods, who took her away much sooner than they should have. Prince Baelon let tears stream down his cheeks as he held young Daemon closer to him as he cried into his father's shoulder. Standing next to him, Viserys was holding little Daenerys in his arms, who was too young to understand the seriousness of the situation, which was why the prince had to keep quieting his daughter when she started giggling. Today the three princes mourned the woman who had given each of them love - a love they sincerely returned, and today their hearts were broken as they watched her body wrapped in funeral cloth lie on the funeral pyre.

"May the gods allow Princess Alyssa Targaryen to find peace in death. May the fire consume her body, but her soul will always remain with us," King Jaehaerys Targaryen spoke loudly. "Son" The Old King turned his head to look at his only living son. "It's time"

"No," Daemon whispered under his breath, sobbing.

Baelon nodded sadly, then moved his gaze to the huge old dragon that had settled on the hill and was looking at everyone with its menacing gaze. "Dracarys, Vhagar!" he ordered. The dragon looked at her rider, then slowly walked down the hill, each step making the ground shake beneath the Targaryen's feet. Finally, the dragon stopped and breathed fire towards Alyssa's body. The material immediately caught fire, and the deceased's family bowed their heads, paying respect to her.

Goodbye, my love... thought Prince Baelon, watching the fire consume the body of his beloved wife. Memories, happy moments he shared with his wife, flashed through his head. Their first flights together on their dragons, Alyssa's irritation at Baelon's bold behavior, their first kiss, with Meleys and Vhagar flying above them. Later there was their engagement, wedding, Alyssa's first pregnancy and the birth of Viserys. Baelon looked towards his eldest son, now looking at the man's face, though the memory of the boy's little head screaming loudly moments after birth was still fresh in his mind. Later their second son was born. The dragon prince looked down at young Daemon. Tears streamed down his face and his body wracked with sobs every now and then as he watched his mother's burning body. He remembered perfectly the first time he held the boy in his arms, hugged him to his chest and whispered words into his ear that no one else could hear. Then Alyssa's third pregnancy and the birth of baby Aegon, who was currently in his chambers under the care of two ladies-in-waiting. And now she lay there, her body burning with his dragon's fire. Vhagar, sensing her rider's mood, roared loudly into the sky.