CHAPTER SEVEN. . .escape

I'm sorry for the long absence, but I've a lot of things on my mind. At certain points I find time to write this book, but it's very difficult. I hope that you'll understand and be understanding for me during this difficult time, which is preparation for the final exams. I'll try to write new chapters in my free time, but I don't promise that publications will be frequent. Just until June. For now, enjoy this new chapter!

theoneandonly

[THE ASHES AND BLOOD]

[ACT ONE 

CHAPTER SEVEN]

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

It's a Targaryen custom to place a dragon egg in the cradle of a newborn child. This had been the practice from the very beginning, and when the Doom came and most dragons were extinct, members of the House of the Dragon made sure that each newborn Targaryen received their own dragon egg. It was no different for young Daenerys Targaryen, daughter of Viserys Targaryen, the first of his name, and his first wife, Lady Lyanna Stark. The princess received a black dragon egg which was placed in her cradle.

For most Targaryens, the dragon egg has hatched. With her, no. This was a blow to the young Princess and the reason why the rest of her family looked at her with pity. However, Daenerys didn't give up. When she learned to walk, she would take her dragon egg and sit near the fireplace, hoping that the hot temperature would tempt the dragon to hatch from the egg. That didn't happen.

One night, the door to the Princess's chamber opened and a maid entered the room. She held a basket of freshly washed and dried linen. At first she didn't notice the silence in the room, but her concern increased when she didn't notice the gleam of the Princess' silver hair anywhere. She wasn't on the bed under the scarlet canopy, she wasn't under the bed, she wasn't under the chest of drawers, or in the room with the spacious bathtub attached to the chamber. She was also not on the terrace attached to the Princess's chambers.

The woman hurriedly left Daenerys' chambers and ran through the corridors looking for the girl who was only nine days old. Her unusual behavior alerted the guards that something had happened. And when the woman confessed that the Princess wasn't in her chambers, an alarm was raised in the Red Keep. The servants ran from corridor to corridor, searching every, even the smallest, corner of the castle looking for Prince Viserys' daughter.

The servants were running around like crazy and searching even the smallest nooks and crannies of the castle, even going down to the cellars. The Queen, informed about this, immediately took part in the search. Despite the difficulties in moving around, the woman actively searched the castle until she finally found her grandson