CHAPTER ONE. . .princess

[THE ASHES AND BLOOD]

[ACT ONE

CHAPTER ONE]

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

──⁌⁍⁂⁌⁍──

Several weeks have passed since the death of Lady Lyanna Stark of Winterfell, during which time a solemn funeral was held, attended by the most distinguished families from the Lands of Westeros. King Jaehaerys I Targaryen said a prayer for the soul of the deceased, and then everyone watched as her body was placed on a funeral pyre and then set on fire by Meleys - the dragon whose rider now stood beside his eldest son. Standing next to Alyssa was the King's eldest offspring, Princess Rhaenys of House Targaryen, who placed a hand on her cousin's shoulder and rubbed it reassuringly. Prince Viserys hung his head, closing his eyes and remembering the past when he first met Lyanna of House Stark and her beauty and character were so different from those of the ladies of King's Landing.

Lady Myriah Stark stared at the burning funeral pyre, a black veil covering her face so that no man could see the tears streaming down her cheeks. Her heart clenched at the thought that she would never see her youngest daughter again, never scold her for running away from teachers, for fencing with her older siblings, and for riding wild horses that had not yet been tamed. She wished she had spent more time with her daughter before Lyanna was proposed as a future wife for King Jaehaerys' eldest male heir. At first, Myriah was reluctant to let her daughter go, but eventually she gave in to her husband's and Lyanna's assurances that the girl would be fine and they would be able to visit each other often. It was impossible now.

Arya, who was standing next to her, grabbed her mother's hand and laid her head on her shoulder. She also suffered from the loss of her younger sister. Lyanna wasn't just her sister, but she was also her best friend, someone she could always confide in, and she was sure Lyanna would never betray her. She remembered the times when they would run away from septa classes and sneak into the stables, then, without anyone knowing, prepare horses for themselves and go far away. Later, they laughed loudly as they ran away from their father and their older brother, who, together with several guards, went in search of the two missing ladies. Arya remembered Lyanna's wide smile as the wind blew across her face and ruffled her long, dark brown hair. That mischievous glow never left her eyes - at least it did until she died.

Brandon put his arm around his mother, reassuring her and Arya, who looked at him gratefully. The Stark heir winced at the sight of all the lords who had gathered to watch his sister's funeral, and then try to please the king by making him want their daughters' hands for his grandson, who had become a widower at such a young age. He didn't like King's Landing before - this city reeked of shit, and its inhabitants were fake whores who only minded their own business. Now he hated the place even more because it reminded him of his little sister's death.