xxi | romance

key:

ishita / jai

what's on my schedule this evening?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

what's on my schedule this evening?

taking me out on a date

funny how i was about to clear my schedule to do just that

that's not funny, just romantic

i'll show you what real romance is this evening

oh?

go home early. I'll pick you up at 6

really? 

is jai gnanavel abusing his power as a ceo for his personal gain? my, my, my!

as long as it involves your happiness, i won't mind doing it again and again

i really did win the lottery, didn't i?

could ask you the same

should I dress casual or fancy?

whatever makes you comfortable

i'm comfortable naked. that okay?

then we'll never get out of your flat. if that’s okay for you, it's okay for me.

tempting

i'll take up this offer some other time. today i wanna go out. so you better pick one, asshole. 

casual or fancy?

casual 

that's so much better

i'll see you at 6

Jai bought her pink and purple flowers

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Jai bought her pink and purple flowers. He held the door open for her. After they were buckled in their seat, he brushed a kiss on her cheek and whispered in her ear, "You look beautiful, astronaut." 

Ishita was dying, if it was not obvious enough. Sure, she had dated before but no one made her heart thunder against her chest like Jai did. The butterflies in her stomach were high. They were already addicts. Addicts to Jai's presence. 

She turned on the music system to distract herself. Jai hummed to the songs as he drove the car. He'd glance at her from time to time and a smile would curve on his lips. It was refreshing to see this side of Jai, the relaxed, carefree lover. The man who was dressed in a turtleneck and jeans, who didn't know the lyrics to the songs but knew the tune. She loved that she was one of the people in this world who was privy to this side of him. He was her secret. He was hers.

"Where are we going?"

"Have a little patience. It's the sixth time you've asked me," he said.

Ishita rolled her eyes. Of course, he kept count.

"We've been driving for way too long."

"I like it. It's peaceful, it's just you and me," he said, reaching for her hand and lacing his fingers with hers. "Don't you?"

"Of course I do, but I am curious."

"Like I said, patience." He brought their hands to his lips and kissed her knuckles. 

"Ugh, I hate you."

"If that’s your definition of hate, then I hate you too," he shrugged. 

"Infuriating asshole," she muttered, turning her face to the window. But she didn't let go of his hand. Not once.

When Ishita saw the signboard of the gate they were entering into, her jaw dropped. She turned to Jai with teary eyes and wrapped an arm around his. "Thank you. How'd you know?"

"The same reason why I call you my astronaut." 

Ishita choked on air. Or was it tears? 

He cupped her jaw and said, "It wasn't hard to figure out you are obsessed with planets and the universe. You have planet-themed sticky notes, wallpapers of the galaxy, and you doodle Saturns when you are stressed." 

"So, you brought me to the planetarium."

He nodded. "Wanted to rent it. Or sneak in late at night. You know, take a page out of La La Land, because that's one of my favourite movies ever. But I knew you wouldn't like it. I had a feeling you'd want to show me off like I would do you."

"I would say you are narcissistic if it wasn't actually true. I do want to show us off. We look too good together," she said, rising a little and pecking his cheek. "You know me quite well."

"I love that you flaunt yourself."

"I love that you love it."

Jai tucked a strand of hair that's fallen loose from her ponytail. "Let’s go."

Ishita pulled him back. "No, let's be sappy for some more time. I like it. I like hearing you talk to me like that."

"You have a lifetime to hear me talk to you. Let’s not waste our first date," he said, coming around and opening the door for her. He hauled her out of the car. "Come on, astronaut. Let me see that favourite smile of mine on your face."

"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.