Moon Flower

The moon was shining brightly and it was little windy. Haseena was waiting in the garden for Karishma. She was not sure whether she will join her or not. Her mind was still stuck at her father words. She closes her eyes in dismay.

When her brothers left the room, it was Haseena and her father. Her father didn't speak anything for quite sometime. She was a bit confused and also in hurry she wanted to get ready for later.

Her father speaks,' Anubhav kuch dino mai wapas ajayenge.'

Haseena nods her head as she was well aware of the fact.

Her father look towards her and says,' Hume lagte hai ki apka nikhha krwade!' Haseena was shocked but she conceal her thoughts and keeps a blank face. He continues,' Hum nhi chate ki humari zidd ki wajah se aap apni zindagi na jiyan. Abhi Anubhav se bhi hum baat krenge ki jung se pehle ye baad mai krni hai. Jaise woh theek samje.'

Haseena felt as someone clenched her heart. She wanted to speak against him but she wasn't given a choice instead her father was just informing her. She tries to speak in her normal voice,' Jaise apko theek lge.' She leaves the room.

Karishma was walking towards her while setting her shawl. Haseena looks at her struggling and she smiles looking at her actions. She didn't knew she was staring and lost in her thoughts until Karishma shakes her a bit.

Haseena looks at her one last time and turns to take her to the destination. Karishma follows her quietly without questioning her. She had lot of thoughts in her mind but had none to speak.

Karishma was nervous as they have passed two gardens and were heading at the back of the palace. She looked here and there even though there were guards at intervals and path was lit still she felt anxious. She suddenly realize the gap have increased and she runs and says,' Haseena...'

Haseena look back and wait for her to catch up. She shyly offers her hand without looking at her and she deliberately takes it. The corner of her lip slightly curl up but she hides it as soon as it appeared.

In just few minutes, they reached the back of palace and Karishma speaks breaking the silence,' Apko kaise yaad rahte raste?'

Haseena with obvious look on her face says,' Hum yahan bachpan se rhe hai toh...'

Karishma let go off her hand and look around, there was nothing special about the place. She wondered why would she bring her here?

Haseena looks at sky and smiles looking at half moon. There was pedestal but no statue upon it. Haseena sits on it and sign her to sit along.

Karishma sighs and sit down,' Hum yahan kyu aye?'

Haseena patiently says,' Bas thodi der mai apko pta chal jayega.'

Karishma was listening to her but she was cautiously looking around as that area was connected to forest and she didn't wanted any mishappenings.

Haseena nudges her and says,' Dekhyia!'

Karishma quickly look in front and the white moon flowers were slowly blooming. She was astonished and awestruck, and she says,' Moon flower!' Haseena speaks while looking at flowers,' Inhe datura bhi kha jata hai.' Then she look towards her to witness her reaction,' Dekhiye kaise chand ki tarah yeh gol hai aur chamkte hai.'

Karishma goes toward them to look closely and the aroma of flowers filled her heart with sweetness. Haseena also follow her and she stands beside her. Karishma closes her eyes and sniff the flower. Haseena looks closely at her, skin glowing and she descends toward her and sniff her, and says,' Inki sughand gulkand ki tarah hai.' She immediatedly compose herself and gets back.

Haseena goes sit back to her place and Karishma stand their for a while, before turning back to her she says with trembling voice,' You remembered!' She couldn't define the feeling but her heart was touched and only thing she wanted to hug her so tight that she couldn't breath but she resisted it. She don't want any guard to come out and misunderstand the situation.

She turns and her eyes were filled with tears. Haseena was cheerfully going to respond her but seeing her face, she got up and forgot about everything.

' Karishma, Kya hua?' She just touched her arm.

Karishma felt it's better to fall on that cold ground that to deal with her racing heart. She just nods and says,' It's just overwhelming!'

Haseena sighs in relief and asks,' Aap abhi wapas jana chati hai?'

Karishma didn't wanted to sleep just yet and she was not at all tired, so she suggest,' Kya hum thodi der ruk kar ja sakte hai?'

Haseena smiles and goes back to her seat and gesture her to sit down. Karishma cozily sits closer to her and speaks,' Thand kuch zayda he nhi hai?'

Haseena was going to deny the fact but she zips her mouth when she saw her extending the shawl towards her. She takes it and wrap it around her which made them scoot closer.

Haseena was sitting there with a heavy heart. She again had to choose duty over herself. She didn't even had the courage to ponder over her feeling towards Karishma. The only thing she had in her hand was present. The decision of marriage is in future, becoming Malika is in future, Karishma leaving the palace is in future! She rather just focus on one step at a time.

Karishma speaks,' What they symbolize?'

Haseena was lost in her thoughts so she again asks,' Hmm' Karishma repeats her words, not getting any answer, she tries to asks in hindi,' Yeh kiss cheez ke par..par ?

Haseena complete her sentence,' Parteek hai?' Karishma nods and Haseena innocently look towards flowers and says,' Upanayass aur rahayas'

Karishma who just find the words tongue twister for her, couldn't understand it. Surely, she can speak and understands but words were limited to simpler meaning and easier to pronounce.

Karishma asks her,' angerzi mai?'

Haseena clear her throat and says,' Romance and mystery'

Karishma's eyes widen, she makes a pout and looks down at ground then at flowers and at end back at Haseena.

She blurted out,' Chale!'

Haseena nods...