Grooming Up

She observed activity after activity, greeted so many people with a smile, and praised so many people for their performance. In people's eyes, she was actively present there but truly she was surprised by her bodily behavior. She couldn't push back the moment when she was so observed in her that she forgot where she was standing. She didn't understand it and she felt as if she's forcing herself to learn English all over again.

Naturally, she would have tried to ignore her but because of the event, she was always surrounded by a new pair of people which didn't give them a chance even to chat a little.

First-day events were related to fighting skills and tactics. This day's events were painting, musicals, singing, and dancing. Haseena's love for painting made her go watch the paintings. She observed different artists, picking up the little habits and brush movements to improve her methods.

During the activity, Karishma was standing away from the main stage. Her eardrums rang when she heard his name, she got closer to them to listen clearly.

' Zaheed hukam nhi dikhe iss baar!'

' Sune hai unhe Malika ne jane ko kaha yahan se.'

' Aise bhi kya hua hoga ki woh aise chale gye.'

'Abhi yeh toh woh dono he bta sakte hai!'

They stop talking about Zaheed and start conversing about some other topic.

Karishma was stunned as that night flashed in front of her eyes and she suddenly felt sick and weak. She looks for Rosilia but no sign of her, making Karishma go back to her room without any assistance. She lies on her bed and thinks about the days she has spent here and now in few days, She will be gone and all these miseries will vanish, she didn't knew what more is to come and what will happen but she believes her miseries will end once she goes back to England.

As the painting competition comes to an end, Haseena's eyes unknowingly wander in search even though she knows somewhere she is not present, this feeling puzzles her even more that how would she know whether she is here or not? She passed smile to the person she was talking to and excused herself.

She gestures to Neerjah and speaks when she arrives,' Karishma dekhyi nhi de rhi.'

Neerjah speaks,' Ji woh apne kakash me gyi hai aaram krne! Abhi thodi der pehle he Rosjilia gyi hai unke pass.'

Haseena nods her head while lost in her thoughts. She wondered how her intuitions could be that apt. She let go of these thoughts for moment and again indulged herself with the activities and mingling with royals.

It was almost midnight, moonlit the dim-lit chambers of the palace. Haseena after attending the political meeting was going back to her room with Neerjah following her. She looked at the sky and thought of the night when she let her get closer to her. She immediately shifts her eyes back to her route.

She was sitting in the chair, removing her jewelry and Neerjah was helping her. She was removing the bangles and her thoughts immediately travelled back to when she removed her gloves. She suddenly stands up, her eyes widen, and uneven breaths.

Neerjah gets worried and asks,' Malika, Aap theek toh hai?'

Haseena looks at her reflection in the mirror and asks herself the same thing in her mind. She struggles but says,' Aap jao, hum...theek hai!'
She gives her a smile assuring her to leave.
As door closes, she sits back in the chair and sighs. She tries to calm her mind by believing maybe she is just overthinking!

Karishma opens her eyes slowly and takes a look at whole room in one glance. She spots Rosilia working and then she sits up and looks outside as birds are chirping. Rosilia feeling her presence, looks towards her and wishes her warmly. She smiles and gets out of bed.

Rosilia speaks,' Today, will be the feast! Which gown would you like to wear? '

Karishma replies,' It's at night ?' Rosilia nods and starts preparing tea for her. She sits on the sofa and says,' There's enough time for me to get ready then!'

Rosilia hands over the cup to her and serves the cookies she prepared. She speaks,' Would you like to wear that cream gown with pearl embroidery?'

She takes a sip of her tea and says,' I am not sure if I should wear it here!'

Rosilia understands but she again tries to reason with her,' But Miss you have been dragging it for so long! They will be out of fashion before you know.' She takes a pause and continues,' And you don't want it to go to waste!'

Karishma after thinking for a while, says,' Very well then, prepare it for today!' She gets up to change her attire and freshen up. She mumbles,' Why even I brought this dress with me!?'

Haseena got up late around noon but it didn't matter as no activity were taking place in the morning. She does her morning chores and then she decides to go for sword practice which she was avoiding for quite some time.

After her intense session, she freshens up and takes a long warm bath. She dolls up for the feast tonight and goes to the place where the event will start in a few minutes.

The classical musical setup was near the entrance. On one side, the men's section was provided with hookahs and madheera. On the woman's side, a seating arrangement was made with various varieties of food with other entertainment facilities. Last but not least the common area for interaction for both parties where the main course of food will be served shortly.

As She reached everything was already ready to start. Soon, guests started approaching and mingling.

Many female royals and her friends praised her beauty and look, she politely smiled and shrugged them off. She was suddenly feeling impatient. She was counting minutes the whole day but now as the moment was knocking, a wave of hesitation was hitting her. Her uneasiness was clearly visible on her face.

Neerjah approaches her and asks,' Malika?'

She looks at her and understands her concern. She nods and starts conversing with some people. She constantly remembers herself to breathe in and breathe out!

Then, Suddenly her eyes fell upon the person she was waiting for!

She unknowingly pulls away the person standing in front of her and moves halfway to her.

Karishma gulps and slowly enters the room. She felt many gazes over her not to mention the number of whispers she could hear! She then looked towards Haseena and felt assured. She softly smiles...