Chapter one

Noel's pov:

It's my first day at a new school in mid semester.

Once the bell rung I walked out of third period and I walked into fourth period.

Which is luckily almost the last class of the day..

I walk into the classroom and everyone looked at me, I guess I'm the last person to walk in.

"Noel, please stand at the front." The teacher says, she then nodded her head towards the front of the classroom.

I nod my head and walk to the front of the classroom, everyone watched as I made my way towards the front of the classroom.

When I got to the front of the classroom the teacher was sitting in her chair with her leg crossed over the other.

I looked at the classroom filled with nasty kids.

"Hi. I'm Noel, I'm sixteen, I just moved here from Wisconsin.."

The teacher walked over to me and said, "Noel.. You can sit in the back table."

I looked at the back of the class.

"Lance please raise your hand." The teacher called out.

Lance raised his hand so I made my way through the clutter of desks and backpacks.

When I got to the table there was only one person sitting there: Lance.

I sat down and then heard someone walk in through the door, a couple people turned their heads and a few sighed when they realized who it was and they just went back to doing what they were doing.

I turned my head back to Lance, "Who's that?" I asked, Lance turned his head towards me and then back at the guy who was walking towards the desk infront of me.

The guy sat down at the desk on the other side of the table and then looked at me.

"You must be the new student everyone cant shut up about? I'm Noah, you?" He says and puts his hand out.

"Noel." I said and shaked his hand.

Lance glanced at Noah shocked and then went back to writing on his paper.

Half way through class I looked at Noah and Lance kind of wondering what this class was about because I dozed off for the past hour.

But when I glanced up at them Noah was staring at me.

When Lance realized I was looking at them he decided to start a conversation by introducing himself and asking about myself.

"Yeah, I'm not a very big water person." I said nervously.

"Honestly same." Lance admitted.

I looked over at Noah and saw he had his head down so I asked him a question.

Noah popped his head up "Huh....What did you say?" He replied, I giggled, Lance laughed at what I said because Noah didn't hear it.

An hour later:
"Anyways it was nice getting to you Noel." Noah says and then he starts putting his things in his backpack, Lance realized Noah was packing up so he started to too.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

The bell rings

"That." Noah replyed and then he grabbed his backpack and walked out of the classroom.

Lance grabbed his backpack along with Noah but stopped infront of my desk, "Bye Noel, nice getting to know you." Levi said—he then looked at the clock and glanced over at me again, "See you on Monday Noel." And then he walked out of the classroom.

I didn't notice it had already been two hours.

I looked at the table and realized there was a notebook left on Noah's desk, and left opened.

I walked over to Noah's desk and looked at the notebook, it was a drawing of someone, at that moment I couldn't place who it was....

• • •

After several minutes of looking around for Noah, the bell rang for fifth period classes to begin.

I'll just find him later, I thought to myself.

I started walking towards my fifth period, and then I saw Noah walking out of the classroom we were just in.

He looked around quickly and then noticed me, he quickly ran over to me.

"Did you see a notebook on my desk before you left? I forgot it." He asked me.

"Mhm," I said, and then his eyes widened, "Do you know where it is?" He asked.

"Yes." I replied, I then took it out of my backpack and placed it in his hand.

"Thank you Noel." He said happily, but then when he realized what page his notebook was left opened on his face went numb.

And then it hit me who the drawing was of...

I walked away before he could say anything.

I stopped walking when I reached the next hallway to stop for breath.

It was a drawing of....

ME?