Chapter 1

Percy's POV

Percy waited with Annabeth, Leo, Piper, and Nico at the edge of the woods near the Big House. It had been nearly a month since they had defeated the Giants and brought peace between the two camps. With the help of both groups of demigods, both camps had been restored and seemed to be better than ever. 

About fifteen minutes later, they heard footsteps coming towards them and soon saw three figures heading in their direction. As they got closer they waved and started to speed up. Jason, Frank, and Hazel finally reached them and they exchanged happy greetings and plenty of hugs (with a very awkward Nico). Though they still saw each other often, because the demigods  traveled between the camps a lot, it was always nice meeting up. 

"So what does Chiron want to speak to us about?" Jason asked after they had settled down. "We got his Iris Message a couple days ago and got here as soon as we could."

"We're actually not sure either, but it sounds pretty important and secretive," Annabeth replied, "He wouldn't tell us anything until all of us were here."

Together they walked over to the Big House where Chiron (who was in his wheelchair) was waiting for them inside. Percy closed the door behind him, knowing that whatever they were in there to discuss wasn't going to be the casual problems like the Hermes' kids "remodeling" Ares' cabin's weapons or the Hypnos kids falling asleep during activities. 

They all took a seat around the ping-pong table. "There is something that I need to discuss with all of you, something that I would need you all to keep a secret from others, at least for now," Chiron said.

"You need to talk to us about something important and secretive. Cool, but we kinda already had that figured out," Leo said. Percy saw Piper kick him under the table. "Sorry, go on," he stuttered. 

Chiron cleared his voice, "Well, I do not know much about this subject myself, and may I say, neither do the gods. This is why they have asked me to assign you on, well I guess you could call, a quest."

"So what are we doing exactly?" Frank asked, sitting straight with his arms crossed, not in a mean or rude way, but in a confident and attentive way. Percy noticed Jason cautiously eying the leopard head on the wall next to him. 

"Hopefully learn more about and gather information on..." Chiron paused, "a new world." A sudden look of surprise lit across the demigods' faces and several gasps and wait what?s filled the room. They quickly began bombarding him with the many questions that had suddenly come flooding in, but he waited for then to quiet down before continuing, "This other world has been around for thousands of years, but is quite different from ours. Hecate, as you all know is the goddess of magic and witchcraft. She gave some of these gifts to some mortals many millennia ago, and as time went on, they grew and changed quite a lot. They became disconnected from our world and now live almost completely in their own. However, like us, they choose to stay hidden from mortals, and as they have been doing so well on their own, the gods had almost forgotten about them."

"I mean, we'd all obviously love to take on this quest, but I have to ask, why now? Why so all of a sudden?" Piper asked.

"They had a war in their world that ended a little before ours, but we were still busy with our own. After we had defeated Gaea and the giants, Hecate wanted to see how they were doing, but because they had become so isolated and different from ours, she believes that she should not check on them herself, she being a goddess. Over the last month, she has had a lot of discussions and arguments with many of the other gods and they have finally let her send you eight on a quest to their world.

"So we basically just see how they're holding up after their war?" Jason was no longer looking up at the leopard head. 

"Like I said before, to learn more about them as well. It has been thousands of years since Hecate had watched over what they were doing, and since then, they have changed a lot." 

"What are they exactly? I got some powers from Hecate too, but the people from the other world sound pretty different," Hazel said.

Chiron hesitated for a moment before answering, "Wizards and witches."

"Holy Hephaestus," Percy heard Leo whisper from his chair.

Chiron continued to explain, "They have a different kind of magic than we do and use it differently. Sadly that is about all we know about their powers right now."

"We wouldn't be able to use their type of magic then, even if we do make it to their world," Annabeth noted.

"Well luckily, Hecate will gift you some of these powers while on this quest, but you will still have to learn and practice. We have found a school that we will send all of you to so that you can not only practice these new powers but also meet wizards and witches and learn about their world."

Leo groaned, "Why didn't you tell us that there was going to be school involved in this quest?"

"Well mostly because I kind of expected you to react like this," Chiron laughed.

Leo shrugged, "True."

"But it's a magical school," Jason pointed out.

"Also true. It does sound cooler than a public high school, I guess."

A few more minutes of joking around, making guesses about what the wizarding world was going to be like, and basically talking about how excited they were, they left the Big House. When they stepped outside, they realized that the sun had already started to set so decided to say their goodbyes for the day as they each headed to their cabins. 

As Percy got ready for bed, he thought about everything that they had discussed that day. Although they knew almost nothing about the school that they would be attending for the quest, Chiron had told them before they left that they would get a message of some sort sent to them from there, giving them more information. Though he was definitely excited, he also thought about how unprepared they all were for this. The wizards and witches didn't know that their world existed, but it had been exactly the same for Percy about the wizarding world just a few hours ago. Now he would have to pretend that he himself was a wizard while staying undercover and learning about a world he knew almost absolutely nothing about. He tossed and turned, thinking everything over and over again in his head until he finally fell asleep. 

I hope that you liked this chapter!

I'm sorry that it was a bit similar to the first chapter of Demigods at Hogwarts, but I'm working on a couple of the next ones and those will be more different, and hopefully just as interesting:) Stay tuned!