The End

William was dead, Mike had shot and killed him

The doctors, who understood the awful things that Mike went through made sure the young man wasn't blamed.

In the testimony report speaking of the incident leading to William's, or Steve Raglan's death, witnesses had said that the man had entered Mike's room, insulting him and scaring him with the gun that he later used to kill himself.

Officer Vanessa Shelly was a witness to this.

The department had easily seen the holes in this story, but didn't care enough to do anything about it, causing the case to close without much trouble.

Now that the fear of William was gone and out of the way, Mike no longer had to remain handcuffed to his bed. He was able to physically recover easily  without any problem after the whole ordeal.

Abby was able to visit more often, now that Jane practically abandoned her, not wanting to deal with the child and her problem anymore, despite the loss of money from the state.

Abby had been staying with Max and Jeff. And once Mike is discharged from the hospital, he would regain custody of Abby, which Doug was more than happy to help with, especially after all the stress he had caused Mike, Doug felt guilty and wanted to atone for what he had done.

Once Mike was finally discharged from the hospital and was able to get full custody of Abby, Max and Jeff let the Schmidts Siblings stay in their house as long as they wanted, since their house was reclaimed by the city.

Luckily their personal belongings were not thrown away, so Jeff picked them up and brought them home.

Mike was thankful for Max and Jeff's kindness, he hated being a burden to them,  which the both of them continuously reminded that he was not. The two liked having Mike and Abby around, it felt like they were a family.

Despite William being gone, Mike still had nightmares, which caused him to wake up screaming. The only other person who seemed to calm him down was Vanessa. She helped ground him despite having being the one who was there during his torture.

Because of these nightmares, Vanessa visited a lot, doing the best she could to be a good friend, despite what caused them to meet in the first place.

Her visits helped Mike a lot, especially with Abby there. It helped him grasp at some understanding of the past through Vanessa, and the now living future through Abby. it gave him the awareness he needed to continue on.

Eventually Mike was able to work through his trauma, it still impacted him daily. But he was able to function normally.

Mike was thankful for Max and Jeff, but he didn't want to continue living with them without at least spying rent. So after some difficulty Mike was able to find a job.

He was hired at the Sparky's Diner, and despite his negative track record, the waiter there named Ness accepted him with open arms.

While working there, Mike saw many familiar faces, none more than Doug. After Doug helped Mike get custody of Abby, they became acquaintances. Doug was a pretty nice man when he's not dragged around by a leash to an evil selfish woman. 

Jeff was grateful that Mike was helping him with rent, all 3 of them working helped make life at home easier and less stressful now that no one had to worry about going homeless. It was nice.

Mike had also become close friends with Carl and Hank. They had a lot in common, such as having a bad track record despite being nice people. Mike was also thankful that they had tried to look for him while he was missing.

Mike had never felt happier. His sister was safe and happy, he had a job, he had good friends he could rely on. He was free.

When the summer finally came, Mike had saved up enough money to take himself and his sister on a trip.

After what felt like to be so long, Mike could finally fulfill his promise to Abby.

They drove to Nabraska and camped out for a few days. They saved the best part of the trip for last.

Soon enough, they arrived at the beach. Abby put on her favorite swimsuit and ran into the ocean, swimming in the beautiful clear waters. She pretended to be a mermaid, while splashing Mike and making him play along with the sea story she had made up.

Mike had never felt more free.

—————

🎉 You've finished reading Book 1: I Always Come Back, I Promise (Five Nights At Freddy's Movie Fanfiction) 🎉