Vanessa hated her father, she had taken so much from her, and now she let her father take so much from a man who didn't deserve it.

She knew she couldn't do anything, but she wanted to. She wished her father dead, she wished Mike could escape from the hands of William and reunite with his sister.

Vanessa wished for a lot of things, but she knew very well that life didn't work that way.

Her father wouldn't let her see Mike, meaning that Mike would be alone again. He had called her his friend, in a time where it felt like everyone abandoned or forgot about him. Now she was going to do the same, and she hated that.

If she was in Mike's position, she would think death would be better than dealing with this. Vanessa would be more than happy to relieve Mike from this pain, but she knew such thoughts as these were wrong, we're bad.

Mike would never allow that, he loves his sister too much. He would and had gone through so much pain just so that his sister, and Vanessa didn't doubt Abby would do the same, if the time comes. The Schmidt's siblings deserved so much better.

—--------

Mike was left alone in that basement for the night, not seeing William until the morning.

Mike hasn't moved since yesterday, and he didn't feel like moving ever again.

But Mike never got what he wanted.

William entered the basement, kneeling down in front of Mike, caressing his cheek, then moving his hair out of his eyes.

"You poor thing, you look so pathetic." William said. Mike didn't respond.

"You were very good for me last night, I think you deserve a reward." William said, shifting just slightly. Nothing coming from William could be good.

"No need to be afraid, I'm just going to take you upstairs and give you a bath. You look disgusting." William stated.

"Upstairs?" Mike asked quietly.

"Yes, I know you won't be able to run, so I wanted to give you the privilege of bathing all that off of you." William stated, referring to the dirt, blood, and other stuff covering his body.

Mike didn't respond, he was very dirty, but he was sure a simple bath wouldn't make him feel less disgusting.

"What do you say?" William asked.

"Thank you, Will." Mike said, Mike found it hard to talk, he couldn't say his full name without gasping for air to breathe. Everything hurts.

William smiled at the new 'nickname' he was given.

"I'm not the strongest man in the world, so when I get you up the stairs, I'm gonna need a little help." William said, getting him to sit up. Before pulling his arm under Mike's arm and lifting him up.

William didn't expect Mike to feel so light, maybe this would be easier than he thought.

William helped carry Mike up the stairs with relative ease, Mike not being able to support himself up due to all his old and new injuries.

William carried Mike into his bedroom, and into the bathroom. Mike looked around at his new environment, trying to absorb everything in, even though he had no chance of escaping.

William filled up the tub with warm water, and took all of Mike's clothes off, gently sitting him in the tub.

William grabbed a towel, and started wiping the muck off his body, before cleaning it with soap.

The water was instantly tinted with browns and reds.

Looking at Mike's now clean face, William didn't notice that the young man had freckles. They were cute.