Never Ending Cycle

Start from the beginning

"She was mad that I hit a boy who was being mean to me, then I threw something at her when she said Mike was dead." Abby said.

"Your Aunt sucks." Jeff said, angry at the thought of anybody hurting a child.

Then Abby's stomach growled.

"Did she not feed you either?" Max asked. Abby shook her head. Max looked angry.

"I knew your aunt was stuck up and careless, but I never thought she would act abusive." Max said.

"Are you hungry?" Jeff asked. Abby nodded.

"Lucky for us, our search efforts are done for today, we can go to dinner and get you some food." Jeff said, Max nodding in agreement.

"Yes please." Abby said quietly. Max helped Abby into the truck, and they drove to Sparkys.

Abby ordered a large burger, with some water. She scarfed down the food.

"Why were you looking for Mike all on your own?" Max said.

"Because I had a dream, I think Mike was kidnapped, and I think Steve Raglan had something to do with it." Abby said.

"But the police already checked his place of work, and didn't find anything." Max said. Jeff huffed.

"You can't trust cop's these days, if you wanna find evidence, then you have to find yourself." Jeff stated.

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

"You told me Mike was into that dream theory stuff, and if Abby has that same skill of dreaming up new information, then I say we gotta trust it." Jeff said.

"So you think Steve Raglan has something to do with Mike being missing?" Max asked.

"If the girl says Steve has something to do with it, then Steve has something to do with it." Jeff said. Abby smiled, no one beside Mike had shown so much confidence in her before.

"So what will we do?" Max asked.

"We'll visit Steve's place of employment tomorrow and confront him." Jeff stated.

"Right." Max said, with confidence.

"What should I do?" Abby asked. Max and Jeff looked at Abby, they didn't know what to do with her. They didn't want to give her back to her aunt, she was an abusive piece of crap, but they didn't want to take her home with them either, that would make them kidnappers by law.

But before they could come up with a conclusion, the answer was about to walk through the diner's door.

—-------

Vanessa had spent a little bit of time with Mike after William left, simply talking.

Mike didn't talk too much, but he enjoyed listening to her talk about her day, what troublemakers she had arrested, and so forth.

Vanessa knew that it wasn't easy for Mike, being trapped in the basement, especially without much social interaction. She could tell he was lonely, but it was clear he preferred being alone then having to deal with her father.

That's why she tried spending as much time as she could with him when allowed. Trying to make him feel some sort of normalcy by just talking to him as if he was a person.

When Mike did feel like talking, he wanted to talk about his sister, but refused to do so due to the fear that William would somehow hear.

He really missed her, and wondered if she missed him too. He had his doubts, but he chose to ignore that thought altogether.