The Reveal

Max started getting worried after Mike didn't get back when he said he would. Maybe he was just late, maybe his interview lasted longer than thought. Maybe Mike was having car troubles.

Max didn't know, but she was getting worried, but she didn't show it on her face so as to not to worry Abby.

Max knew that the real reason she was here was wrong, getting paid 200 dollars by Mike's evil aunt to seek out any criminal activity, which there was none.

Her family was in desperate need of money, which is why she was here in the first place. And despite the wrong reasons why she was watching over Mike's sweet little sister, she still cared about the young man. He had helped her in more ways than one, and she owed him one.

Yet here she was, basically taking advantage of the poor man. Hopefully Mike's Aunt's attempt at taking Abby away from him fails, then she could apologize to Mike, and their friendship could be pure again, without all the backstabbing to go along with it.

She hoped she was just paranoid, but the amount of time that Mike wasn't back, she was getting more worried by the second, when it started getting dark outside, she couldn't help it.

She called the place where Mike took the interview at, and apparently they hadn't seen him since he visited his counselor. Then she called the carplace, and dinor, just in case maybe he decided to get himself something to eat, or needed his car fixed. As if he had money for either of them.

The young man was broke, spending his last dime so his sister could have food she refused to eat. Max had a suspicion that Abby knew of their financial troubles, which is probably why she resides to eat, letting Mike eat it so as to not waste food.

Max didn't blame her, Mike was starting to look more awful everyday getting skinnier with heavier eye bags then the day before.

Max decided that she couldn't be in denial anymore and decided to call the police.

—------

After a few minutes, the officer that arrived was a nice woman named Vanessa Shelly.

Vanessa listens to Max and her worries about Mike's absence. She decided to write up a report, deciding that if he didn't come home by tomorrow, she would report Mike Schmidt as a missing person.

Vanassa felt great sympathy upon seeing the little girl clinging to Max's side.

"Is my brother going to be ok?" She asked.

"He sounds like a tough cookie, I'm sure he just got lost on the way back home. You'll probably see him tomorrow." Vanessa said, hoping that her false comforts would come true. She didn't exactly want to give this sweet girl false hope.

"Ok." She said.

"Will you be ok?" Vanessa asked Max.

"I'm sure I will, I'll contact you if I see him." Max said.

"I hope he does." Vanessa said.

—-----

Despite her age, Vanessa still lived with her father, she was forced too, not having any choice in the matter. When her shift came to an end, Vanessa drove home.

While driving home, she thought of the man not yet reported missing. Mike was his name, Max had shown her a picture of him.

The picture showed Mike and his little sister on her back at the park. Both sporting smiles. Vanessa had looked into Mike's history and saw how many times he'd been fired, and how he was categorized as violent.

First being fired for punching his coworker, the reason why was because Mike had claimed that the man was staring at children in an inappropriate manner. Another reason why he was fired was for insubordination, in other words standing up to his boss because Mike claimed that his boss was physically taking advantage of the employees who were in desperate need for a job who were working there.

Finally, Mike had been recently fired for beating a man in front of his son, because Mike thought that the man was trying to kidnap the child.

Mike was a protector, Vanessa could see that. And it was clear that he was a fighter too. Despite others claiming how Mike was a violent untrustworthy man, Vanessa had to disagree.

She didn't know Mike, but she wished she knew people like him back when she was a kid. Maybe he would have put an end to William's crime.

But sadly that hadn't happened, and it wouldn't happen, not if her father was still breathing.

Vanessa hated william with all her heart, she hated how he used her to kill off the night guards at Freddys. She was a police officer, she was supposed to stand for justice, not be the cause of why the justice was needed in the first place.

There was nothing she could do about her father, and she would remain trapped in this web for the foreseeable future. But she was still able to help bring justice outside of her father's clutches.

She was able to catch criminals on the streets, she stopped many murders from happening, she was always one of the first few officers to be reported on a scene.

But did all these good things help make up for the bad she was forced to do for her father. Vanessa hoped it did. But she knew deep down it really didn't.

If she can do one thing right, then it will be to make sure that Abby would see her brother again soon, no matter what.

—---

Once Vanessa arrived home, she saw her father in the kitchen, washing his hands.

She ignored the red liquid going down the sink.

She noticed how happy William looked, and she was not going to ask about it.

"How was your day?" William said, grabbing tubberware out of the fridge, and heating the contents inside it. 

"It was fine, depending on what happens tomorrow, I may need to file a missing persons report." Vanessa said honestly.

"For who?" William asked.

"Nothing you'd be interested in." Vanessa stated.

"Oh, but I am interested." William said. Vanessa sighed.

"The missing person is a man named Mike Schmidt. I hope he's able to find his way home before I have to file his missing persons report in the morning." Vanessa said.

"Oh, that's interesting." William said.

"Why's that?" Vanessa said.

"Because I have a person with that exact name down in my basement right now." William said, almost laughing as if this was a comedic subject. Maybe to him it was, but not so much for vanessa.

"What, why?" Vanessa asked.

"Why not." William stated.

"Are you going to kill him?" Vanessa asked.

"No." William replied.

"Then why is he down there?" Vanassa asked.

"Because I want him down there, I'm gonna keep him for a while. Get my use from him while he's still fresh. Well, as fresh as he can be. Poor guy clearly hasn't eaten a proper meal in a while, and he seems awfully tired. But that won't stop me from having my fun." William explained.

"You never did something like this before, why suddenly do it now?" Vanessa asked.

"There's nothing wrong with trying new things, if you promise not to report you, I may let you meet him." William said.

Vanessa lost her appetite. Maybe she won't be able to do that one right thing after all.

—---