Chapter 9: Devils Of Sin

ابدأ من البداية

I felt terrible now. I didn't want her mad with me. I was simply just doing what I thought was ok. I know it isn't ok but to me it is.

I should have thought about my actions more. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"This is bad" she repeated a few times. "Are you hurt? Did he hurt you? Oh I swear to the heavens if he hurt you—" she rambled as she paced to me to check if I had anything on my skin.

I yanked my arms out of her grasp in a rapid build up of irritation.

Why is she feeling so bad about my decision? I know he is the devil but he's treated me better than life itself.

"Why are you feeling so much about this? What's the big deal!" I yelled back in an outburst.

I felt like a teen getting in trouble with their parents for seeing a boy outside of school.

She groaned and rolled her eyes. "Sweetheart you have no idea what you have gotten yourself into. Do you even know him?" She stained her words as she was exhausted.

I hummed, "His name is Ivan, he has a tone of tattoos and he made me a sandwich" I listed off a ramble.

Why did I say the sandwich?

"Ivan? Sandwich? Girl what on earth are you speaking of?" She was baffled now.

"He's around 6,2, black hair, grey eyes, has a tone of tattoos and he's always either warm or cold. He loves to joke a lot but in reality he's a sweetheart and he's always kind to me" I rambled off in panic that she would cut me off again. I wanted to put all the words on the table before she could cut me off.

"Grey eyes, black hair?" She asked. I nodded, confused on why she had just now calmed.

"Sweet girl that man's name isn't Ivan" she reasoned while my eyes widen. She sat down on the couch next to to me and turn to look at me while crossing her legs.

"What?"

She shook her head, seemed to be disappointed, "His name isn't Ivan, it's Liviathan" she explained as my heart sunk.

"But...isn't that a sea monster?"

I was now filled with confusion. I didn't know anything of the Bible but I did know the monster Liviathan that was part dragon, snake, crocodile and other part sea monster.

"He's the Liviathan" she repeated slower, "Do you know what that is?"

"I'm not sure" I responded as she sighed.

"A Liviathan is a guard of hell. One of them anyways. But he is supposed to be dead, God almost killed him but he failed. He is the embodiment of the sin Evny. Do you know the seven deadly sins?" Her words were packed full of information but my mind was spiraled with confusion.

I composed myself. "Umm yes. Pride, Greed, Gluttony..." I struggled slightly, "Lust, Envy, Wrath, Sloth and I think that is all" I listed hesitantly and she nodded with a small distant smile.

"Yes, but like the 7 deadly sins there are 7 devils, or demons" she explained. I tilted my head.

"There is Lucifer who is the sin of Pride. He is supposed to be the true holder of hell but he is other known as...preoccupied for the next few centuries" she exapressed her dislike for the man by frowning deeply.

Preoccupied? What could he possibly be preoccupied with? Isn't his job in hell?

"Anyways, there is also Mammon sin of Greed. Asmondeus, sin of lust. Beelzebub, sin of Gluttony. Satan, who is famous, he is the sin of wrath and one of the most dangerous devils. There is Belphegor who is sin of Sloth....finally is Liviathan who is sin of Envy" she ezaplianed in great detail as I took in the information.

Is this why he said hell is so dangerous? Becuase there are other devils there? There are punished humans there but they aren't the most dangerous because they are locked up, so this must be the reason he never likes me there.

"H—how...why?" I stumbled over my words as she sighed.

"It is a dangerous thing to wander between realms. That is why it is forbidden not only for your safety but for others. Even though it is impossible for someone meant for hell to cross to heaven it is not the same on this side" she lightly touched my shoulder

"You are forbidden to cross the gate ever again" she finalized sternly but that was my last straw.

The new information I had in my brain was jumping my thoughts so I couldn't think straight. Actually most of the time I didn't think straight at all.

"How are you telling me this! Ivan—Liviathan wouldn't hurt me!" I broke down. "He is kind and I know he isn't meant to be trusted all becuase he was created for the wrong reason but you should see him yourself! He is kind" I reasoned with her desperately.

She jumped up from the couch "No! I forbid you from seeing him ever again. Tomorrow we will go to God to tell him what sin you have done" she snapped as anger grew in my stomach.

"Just because you're stuck here doesn't mean I want to be" I shouted.

"You are stuck here either you like it or not because you are dead Aubrey! You died! You are here now get over it! I am done seeing you make excuses for yourself" she snapped while grabbing my arm and tugging me back down on the couch.

"You will stay in this house until morning" she ordered but I shoved her back which she stumbled from. I stood up.

"You're not my mother" I hissed out as she glared at me sternly.

"Good. Because if I were her I'd be disappointed in you" she sneered as I stilled at the harsh words.

It was silent, the only sound was the wind outside and the ragged breathing from both of us. It physically pained me to argue with her, but I also wanted her to understand me.

All I wanted was for her to understand me.

"Go to the spare room. Now. I don't want to see you anymore until morning"

My heart was beating in my ears as I wet my lips. I wanted to shout more, but I was a broken record.

This felt like all those times me, mom and dad got into fights when I was in high school or thought out my life. This felt like a family feud between parent and child—but somehow this felt worse.

Slowly in defeat I walked out the living room and up the stairs to where there was a door for Abby that was covered in stickers and a bland door on the end.

I quickly went in, closed the door and sat on the bed. I didn't bother taking in the room. I was devastated.

My only sense of freedom that I thought was happiness was now ripped from me.

He was the only thing that made me have a sense of home after my death.

I won't let that be taken from me again.

Again. While you here please check out my other books thank you