Much Better Than Hell

Princess Snake had finished organising the celebration, and was looking around for her esteemed Saiyan guest.

She looked in almost every room until she saw him doing press-ups in the arena.

"There you are! I was looking everywhere for you!" she called to him.

Raditz didn't stop. "I told you that Saiyans live for battle. Why wouldn't I be training here?"

"...But we only had that duel half an hour ago. You certainly recover quickly," she commented.

Raditz said, "Princess. Did you think this muscle was just for show?"

The princess looked around, blushing, then looked back at him. "Obviously not...! Ahem... Anyway, I wanted to tell you that our celebration is ready to begin!"

"Hm."

Raditz stopped his press-ups, and stared at her expectantly.

"This way then!" she smiled, and walked back to the main hall with him trailing behind her.

"Do you have a drinks preference?" she asked him cordially.

"...Something strong."

"I knew it! That's honestly so you!" she laughed.

Raditz was a little surprised by her joking manner. Had she had one too many already?

They both arrived in the main hall. There were palm tree fans on the walls, dimmed lighting and a cart filled with drinks and snacks.

In the centre lay a medium-sized platform with tiny lights dotting its edges. There were around ten attendants lined up neatly with their hands in front of them, all smiling. Some were dressed in their normal dress, but others were dressed in a more exotic snakeskin leotard outfit with a linen trim.

There were lounge chairs scattered before the stage with recliner functionality.

Princess Snake made her way over to the largest couch and sat down. She crossed one leg over the other, and gestured for Raditz to sit anywhere.

Raditz chose to sit next to her as to him, it would have been annoying if she had to call over to him every time she wanted to say something trivial.

The princess beamed as he sat by her. There was a drumroll that had a quiet build-up.

Thank the gods it wasn't a gong this time.

"Ladies and gentleman!" An attendant raised both her arms outwards. "It is time for the celebration honouring our new visitor, to begin!"

There were numerous claps.

"Yay!"

"Alright!"

"Now... first up!" She swung her arms to the left. "We have our special Dance of the Snake, which has been performed for many residents from all corners of Otherworld!"

There was another drumroll as five attendants dressed in their leotards pranced onto the stage.

Classical music began to play from speakers either side of the stage.

They danced in sync, flowing from one posture to another. Two had palm tree fans in their hands, shaking it from time to time, covering their visages, and placing it into their styled hairdos.

Raditz, for his part, was actually somewhat interested in the girls' dance. He was offered a selection of drinks by a waitress, and he eyed each one carefully. He chose the one that looked like ale.

Raditz had been very experienced with drugging tactics in life. Anything, no matter how small or subtle, could contribute greatly to your downfall. Seemingly innocent drinks were certainly no exception.