[ 6 - oh, clemmie... ]

PRISCILLA OPENED HER eyes slowly, them meeting the features of her father and Epiphanes

PRISCILLA OPENED HER eyes slowly, them meeting the features of her father and Epiphanes. The boy quickly hugged his sister, while Pontius smiled at his daughter. "How long has it been?" Priscilla asked. "I guess a few hours. Tonight are the interviews." Pontius answered.

"Where's Mom?" Priscilla looked around the room, hoping to see the woman's face. "She's arguing with someone in the Academy. She went mad when they told us what happened!" Epiphanes exclaimed, gesturing the explosions.

Suddenly, the three heard a knock on the door. A girl stepped in, she had a ravaged face, and golden peeling brown skin. And that's when it hit Priscilla.

It was Clemensia. Her Clemmie. Her best friend who couldn't be recognized by even Priscilla herself.

"Clemmie," Priscilla scowled. "Come on, Epi." Pontius dragged his son to the doors. "The doctor said you can get out tonight. We'll pick you up in an hour." He said before leaving the two of the girls.

"What happened?" Priscilla asked when Clemensia sat at the edge of the bed. "Dr. Gaul's snakes happened." Clemensia declared with a shaky voice. "So, Coriolanus wrote the proposal himself. How do you know, I forgot so he did it himself. We told Dr. Gaul that we wrote it together. This Psycho asked me to dive my hand in the snake mutts to grab the only available copy of the essay. The snakes wouldn't bite me if they recognized my scent."

Clemensia's eyes started watering. "No one visited me. And I look horrible." She stated. "I'm sure they didn't know what happened. So did I," Priscilla spoke softly.

"I thought she was trying to kill me." Clemensia whispered. "Oh, Clemmie." Priscilla scowled, embracing her friend in a hug. Clemensia hugged her back, before they tore away, sitting there in silence.

One person filled all of Priscilla's thoughts. Treech. How was he? Was he dead? She cared about him so much. It made her sick that his life was in her hands. Little did she know the boy was thinking the same.

"I need to get to the zoo." The blonde stated. "What?" Clemensia almost shouted. "No. No, Pria you can't!"

"Why not? I want to see him before the Games." Priscilla argued. "You need to rest. They dropped a bomb next to you!" Clemensia shook her head, trying to convince her friend. The blonde inhaled a breath, glancing at the TV and then at the other one again. "Clemmie, please," Priscilla asked quietly. Clemensia stared at her best friend for a moment, before speaking up,

"Okay. But please bring food for Reaper. I don't want to be a bad mentor." Priscilla smiled at these words, before she packed the food her parents brought her. She also grabbed a bottle of water and painkillers for Dill.

When Pria arrived at the zoo, almost every tribute was asleep. Priscilla sprinted to the place where Lamina and Treech were usually resting. She crouched down, checking if he was awake.

The girl from 7 was distant to Treech, but still some kind of close. No wonder why, Pup told Priscilla once, that Lamina and Treech were childhood friends.

"Treech!" Priscilla whispered-shouted. But Treech didn't move. "Logger!" She said louder. Treech jumped out of his sleep, spotting his mentor.

He stormed off to the bars, crouching down and, studying Priscilla's features. "You shouldn't be here, Waspy." He sighed. "But I am. I just wanted to make sure you're okay." Priscilla exclaimed, taking a pudding from her bag and pushing it into Treech's hands.

"You're too good for me." Treech chuckled softly, and so did Priscilla. After a moment of silence, Priscilla watched as Treech slowly finished his pudding and she spoke up, "Tomorrow are the interviews." Treech raised his head to look at his mentor. "Yeah. I don't know why, but I don't stress much." He declared.

"You should definitely show them your juggling skills." Priscilla stated, staring into Treech's eyes. Now, she could see them being a bit green, although they're mainly brown. "I will. You're coming with me, right?" Treech asked. "Yes." Priscilla nodded, standing up.

"I'll see you later, Logger." Priscilla smiled, slowly walking away. "See you soon, Waspy." Treech sighed, before almost yelling, "Oh, wait!" Priscilla turned back to face him. "You look pretty with a ponytail." Treech mumbled. "What?" The girl gasped.

"You always keep it loose. You look pretty with a ponytail." The guy blushed, looking everywhere but not at his mentor. "Thank you. See you tomorrow, Logger." Priscilla waved a bit. Treech did the same, watching as the girl walked over to Reaper and Dill.

Dill was resting her head on Reaper's shoulder, both awake. "Reaper?" Priscilla spoke up, stepping closer to the bars. Reaper looked up at her but didn't say anything. "Can you come over here for a second? Please." Priscilla asked, trying her best to convince him.

"A lady said something to you, Doofus." Treech scowled. "Treech!" Priscilla scolded. "Sorry." He mumbled before laying down again, next to Lamina.

"Reaper, I know you probably want to kill me, that's okay. I'd kill myself too if I was you. But I've got something for Dill. And for you too." Priscilla sighed. "It's from your mentor, Reaper. She's, uh, she's in the hospital but she asked me to bring you food."

"She seems nice." Dill whispered to her district partner. Reaper looked at the girl, then at Priscilla, but didn't move. With a sigh, Dill stood up and slowly walked over to the bars.

"Hi," Priscilla smiled at the girl, "Hi," Dill said quietly. "I was in the hospital today and... And I brought you medicines. They were meant for me but, uh, but I think you deserve them more." Priscilla said, grabbing the painkillers and the water for the girl.

Dill took the items, smiling weakly, "Thank you." She said. "Your welcome. I have some food too if you're hungry." Priscilla smiled. Dill nodded, and a second later she was holding two sandwiches and two plums. "I wish my mentor was like you." Dill sighed.

"I know, right?" Priscilla chuckled softly, making Dill's smile go wider. "Now go rest, Dill. You have an interview to do." She added. "Thank you. uh," The younger one stopped, not knowing the name of Treech's mentor.

"Priscilla. Pria, for you." Priscilla introduced herself, extending her hand to Dill. The girl shook Priscilla's hand. "Good night, Dill." The blonde sighed before watching Dill come back to Reaper.

She was about to leave when she noticed a familiar face of Coriolanus, heading towards the entrance. "Coriolanus," She greeted, not stopping. "Priscilla," Snow returned, doing the same.

Poor Lucy Gray, Priscilla thought as she headed to the hospital, ready for her mother's yells.

₊˚•. ↳ a/n
the last chapter of act one! I don't like it much, but well, Priscilla and Clemensia met🤷🏽‍♀️

ready for the 10th Hunger Games? bc I'm not lmao