Chapter 14

Asmodeus's POV

I wake up, body in a blaze of pain. I sit up and a voice says, "Easy, Asmodeus."

I nod and try to remember what happened to me. Why I'm in a bed blazing in pain. I hear Asura's soft voice, "Asmodeus, do you remember what happened?"

Glancing at her, I shake my head. She looks exhausted. Her white eyes are filled with exhaustion, eye bags falling heavily under her eyes. She's not only exhausted, she is looking at me with pity and such sadness. She asks, "what's the last thing you remember?"

"Stop coddling him," Leviathan barges into the room.

"I'm not coddling," Asura argues.

"What happened?" I ask, interrupting their squabble before it starts.

"You need to remember," Leviathan says, "We can't tell you. It won't help, but you need to remember, D."

I nod and adjust myself, my body shoots pain through me. I cross my legs and put my hands on my knees. I close my eyes, letting my breathing slow. I return to the battle. My mind has a block of tungsten. I can see the glow of memories hiding behind it. I grit my teeth and flood my mind with power and throw it at the wall. My body burns as I do. I clench my jaw hard and keep throwing power at it. My body could be on fire as the wall breaks and I feel Lucifer die all over again. I feel tears fall as the memory washes over me. I reach for his bond, but it's not there. There's no trace that it even existed. My breathing quickens as I realize that the thing that's beat inside of me like an echo of my heart is gone. The bond I've found comfort in for an eternity ripped away from me. A tear falls down my cheek as my mind goes still with realization.

"As?" Asura says, gently, "I'm sorry. I did everything I could. He died in my arms."

"How?" I whisper. She puts her hand on mine and her memory floods over me.

The battle rages around me as I slice through the army. My power feeds my strength as I fight. I hear Lucifer yell. I spin to him to see Micheal standing over Lucifer. I watch as his eyes turn skyward. Asmodeus's eyes meet his and then Lucifer throws Micheal to the ground. I run towards them, drawing my daggers. I leap at Micheal, slicing at him rapidly. He's faster than Raaziel by a mile. Lucifer swings at him and Micheal lips up in the air swirling and throws three knives. One nearly hits me and I throw my wing up and the strength of the feathers protects me. Lucifer backbends and it misses him by inches. He springs to his feet, kamas in hand. I stare. That was probably the hottest thing I've seen. He cuts at Micheal with speed I've never see and I spring at his wing slicing the tendon Asmodeus showed me. He screams and I stare as his wing droops. I just disabled him for the rest of his life. My own wings tingle at the crime. Lucifer shouts, "Asura, focus."
He's holding his blade locked with Micheal's. I swing and Micheal shoves Lucifer away and blocks him with his good wing and shield as he parries my blow. It jars me hard as his Good flows around me. It challenges my power easily.

"So this all you're reduced to Princess Rosalina," Micheal smirks. God I want to punch his face. He continues, "And we used to bow to you Princess of Good and you fell for the fucking Prince of Darkness. How fucking poetic."

"Lucifer, how did you love this piece of shit?" I ask, glancing at him. His power is trying to pull Micheal off of me. Lucifer goes for him with a kama and Micheal launches me far enough to watch as Lucifer slices at his neck. I run at them. He stops an inch short. Micheal laughs and shouts, "Look at that Rosalina! He does still love this piece of shit."

Lucifer meets my eyes, tears fall down his cheeks, and I see the sword in his chest. Micheal's flaming sword is buried in his chest. Micheal rips it out with a laugh. Lucifer falls down as I reach them finally. I realize Micheal has my daggers too late. Micheal laughs and says, "Couldn't kill me, but oh I could kill you. Your pretty fuckboy is next, Lucifer. Asmodeus is next."