027: the most beautiful place on earth

Start from the beginning

The girl giggled at that, almost choking on her sandwich. Rio did have the funniest one liners, that needed to be said.

However, in another middle class house on the other side of Tokyo, a purple haired girl with two pigtails shivered at her screen.
They seemed so close.
Mina wasn't in this class as long as okuda was, yet she had almost double the interactions with her classmates.
It made the small girl envy her, really, so she decided to join. The girl needed an eternity to type out her thoughts, anxious.

Okuda
mina?
Where will you go?

Me
Oh, hey okuda.
I will probably go visit lady youko's book shop, I'm Not sure though. ^^

Mina's eyes widened with joy as she typed out her next message faster than usual, almost jumping out of her chair.

ME
Do you want to come along? :)

____

The girls met at the local park, sun stroking their skin as mina waved to her fellow classmate.

"Okuda!" Mina smiled, holding her shoulders "It's the first time I see you in free time clothes, actually- you look adorable!"

The purple haired girl blushed slightly, stuttering a few words of appreciation. She was wearing a light green, summery dress and a small bag. It really wasn't anything special- which made okuda feel even worse on her thinking of the nice girl.

"Lady youko's an old woman that lives down the street from me and my mom, you know? She owns a small bookshop and she's, like, our best friend in the whole town. You'll love her, trust me!" The brunette ranted happily as she walked up front, opening the door to the cozy book shop. The bell on top of the door made a quick 'ring' sound, and an elderly woman turned around to look at the two girls. The store was empty otherwise- so it was just the three of them.

"Munchkin!" She stormed towards the teenager in the front "I thought I'd die, you haven't visited your old pal in so long." Lady youko placed her hands on the girls shoulders, letting out a deep, comforting laugh.
Youko's voice had been deeper than the usual woman's voice ever since she's been a little girl in the suborbs of Osaka. She hated it at first, was anxious about it, got bullied for it, but it ultimately became one of her most unique features. Another reason she adored the 15 year old girl in-front of her: Lady youko was positive that Mina had been, if they grew up together, the most understanding person on the world about it.

The brunette let out a muffled chuckle at the embrace before lady youko's gaze shifted from her towards the timid, petite girl in the back. She had two braided, purple-ish (black) pigtails that reached about shoulder length. Her face represented her nervous state- she uncomfortably shifted. She also wore glasses, which made her look like the ultimate stereotype, at least in youko's thoughts.

"And who's cute four eyes over there, hm?"

"Huh..?" Mina blinked before comprehending "Oh! That's manami Okuda, lady youko. She's a friend from school, you know?" The girls smile got wider as she let out a breathy laugh. This was probably the first time she brought home a friend. Well, except for Rio and asano. And asano...

"Well, look at that." The woman placed her hands on her hips as she began grinning.

"N-Nice to meet you, ma'am!-" okuda squealed, extremely nervous.
When mina had asked her to come along, she thought it'd be a good exercise for socialising. Okuda forgot how terrifying social situations were.

This 'lady youko' seemed nice enough not to completely loose it, though. And when okuda thought about that mina had called her a friend she couldn't help but feel bitterly sweet inside.
Well, isn't she the greatest thing to ever exist?

Okuda knew she couldn't like her with all of her heart, regardless of how hard she tried. That's why it was bitter. She couldn't like the sweet brunette with the part of her heart that was so hopelessly in love with karma Akabane, nor the broken part of her heart lacking interactions with her classmates. Yet, of course- mina's words made her warm, which made it worse.

The girl only had one, sickening, thought.

Dear angel mina Hayashi, Go fuck yourself.

Bonus

"Hah! Suck it, old hag!" Rio shouted happily as she practically slapped a card on the kitchen table they sat at.

"What did you just call me?!" Lady youko yelled back, both of them snickering like children over a game of UNO.

"Pretty sure she said 'old hag'."
The older Hayashi, meanwhile, was laying on the couch in her most comfortable set of Pyjamas, watching yet another episode of some mediocre, hot-and-single hook up island show. Sunday was truly the best day of the week.

"She did, youko."
Opposite of Hori was mina and Rio's blonde English teacher, painting her toe nails in a dark red. Ever since they had met in the mall a while ago, hori Hayashi kept inviting Irina over to their girls nights until she eventually had to give in. They warmed up to eachother- and hori ended up being one of the only friends Irina had in Tokyo. Hori had also found a new friend- even when she usually struggled with that due to her working hours.
Mina noticed that Irina was way more calm at times like this.

She quickly stumbled out of the kitchen, holding a tray filled with crisps and chocolate and carrots and hummus, smiling at the scenery in front of her.
"I'm glad I already packed, you know? Being able to enjoy this night with all of you is just so-"

"Oh my god, PACKING! I COMPLETELY FORGOT!"

· ·
1555 WORDS
SATURDAY, 20TH OF JANUARY
@MIRAI