Chapter 41 : The Comet Kiss

Start from the beginning

To remind Jungook to go against the decision that he had made before, to Lisa, needed great courage too.

"Why?"

Jungook asked calmly.

And this calmness in turn made Lisa feel more restless.

"Because...... because I don't have talent! If it were not for going into the back kitchen, to this day, I may not even recognise salmon! Because I don't even know how to combine foods together to make something that people will find delicious! Because I in 3 months' time I may not even be able to even accomplish what Bruce has done! Because......"

There were to many because that, at that moment, Lisa didn't even know which to mention.

"only because you can't make a bowl of creamy carrot soup properly?"

Jungkook leaned his can on the table side, reached his hand out, and looked for the three portions of creamy carrot soup that Lisa had made.

He even lifted his spoon, and was about to scoop some into his mouth.

"no need to try, I wrongly used heavy cream for this portion, to thick, too sweet."

Jungkook took a spoonful in like he hadn't heard her: "Indeed."

When he scooped the other portion, Lisa said again: "I changed it to light cream, it has lost its rich texture."

Jungkook still had a taste. He did not give any other comments, but used his finger to bring the third bowl closer.

"This portion...... the carrots and fragrance of the milk was unable to strike a balance, the viscosity wasn't right either."

Lisa only wished that he would stop, and not try and try again her failures.

It was obvious that with just a stir of a spoon and a whiff of the soup you'd be able to discern its flaws, there was no need for Jungkook to taste them.

"your choice to use light cream is the right one, using butter to fry the carrots is right too, but have you ever thought of using half light cream and half fresh milk?"

Jungkook's was calm, and Lisa's anxiety was totally different.

"but during the 'master show', if I had to make creamy carrot soup, Mr Jeon, would the competition committee another chance, or 3 or 4 more? Will they allow you to come to my side to direct me like this?"

This was the first time that Lisa had used a counter questioning tone at Jungkook.

"Of course not."

"so Mr Jeon, I've never understood why you won't choose a contestant easier to teach than me? One...... one at least talented like Bruce who only needs a little direction and would be able improve by leaps and bounds? Everything you have right now did not come easy, shouldn't you be concerned about yourself?"

Lisa could not understand. Actually, from the first day she'd arrived, she couldn't understand any of this.

But a month ago, she had the mindset that she could stay here with a peace of mind even without understanding anything, anyway all she needed to do was put in her utmost efforts.

But now, this kind of "not understanding" made her feel pressured.

"what made you think that you're a person without talent? What made you feel you were not as good as Bruce? What made you feel that choosing you would not be protecting myself?"

Jungkook's voice was calm as always, like even if Lisa's eyebrows were on fire, he would be calm as a mountain, face unchanging.

"What have I done? I don't know the names of so many seasoning and ingredients! I can't even make a bowl of mushroom minced pork noodles that matches your palate! And now, even in front of a beginner's creamy carrot soup, I am helpless...... it's been a month already, you've brought me to the back kitchen of the best restaurant, and I still haven't accomplished anything......"