Chapter 41 : The Comet Kiss

Start from the beginning

Lisa's hands gripped the counter, the frustration in her heart could not be expressed in words.

She and Bruce were equally layman, but in a month...... only a month's, he'd already reached another level, and she herself couldn't even make a bowl of carrot soup properly.

In the past, Lisa thought that this was a competition that belonged to her, whether she performed well or not, was only the difference between getting a prize or not. But now, she understood that this could be a contest between those great chefs, she wasn't representing herself, but Jungook.

She exhaled, took out carrots, and again remembered the flavour of the carrot soup. But her mind was not as clear, even her memory was getting as chaotic as her confidence.

What was the flavour she'd tasted before? Was she sure it was cream? Do the flavours of cream and carrots layer like that?

Constant doubt made her messier.

So what if Montgomery praised her ability to taste? This ability had no way to help her win the competition against any of the competitors that could cook a full dish.

She felt really depressed.

She didn't care that she was like a clown when she failed, because no one would remember the clown.

But she really didn't want others to connect her failure with Jungook.

Lisa retrieved carrots, when the blade touched the carrot, she realised that she actually did not know how to chop.

Her whole body went into a trance, it suddenly felt lonely in this huge kitchen.

Just as she brought the blade down, the tip touched her finger that was resting on the carrot, a clear and cool voice sounded from far yet near, like pellets of ice falling from an altitude of 10 000 metres.

"What are you doing?"

Lisa's shoulders trembled, the carrot fell to the ground with the knife.

Jungook turned his face slightly, like he was listening carefully. He took out his cane, and opened it, pointing it on the ground, until it met that carrot.

He bent down to pick it.

Lisa hurriedly stopped him: "Be careful of the blade!"

But Jungook continued like he didn't hear anything, his fingertip slid along the edge of the blade, a trace of blood flowed from the pad of his fingertip.

"Mr Jeon!" Lisa hurriedly squatted, lifted his finger, took out the first aid box that was prepared long beforehand, and used alcohol to disinfect his wound.

Jungook's hand was quietly left in Lisa's left hand, his expression as per usual, like the cut had made him feel no pain.

"I'd already warned you, why did you still go ahead to pick up?"

"Lisa, when you choose a certain road, you know that you'd obviously meet some harm, but you can't avoid, you can only face it."

Lisa lifted her head.

Jungook's expression was very calm, like the nothing will be moved even with the tribulations of life.

This was the second time he called her "Lisa". Otherwise it would be "Lalisa"

It was obviously always in a cold tone, Lisa had an illusion that she was being doted on.

But Jungook couldn't possibly dote on anyone.

Precisely because of this, Lisa couldn't control the urge to ask the question that was buried in the depths of her heart.

"I know...... but Mr Jeon, have you ever thought that choosing me to represent you in this 'master show' was a mistake?"