14: The Gate

(A/n: Due to my very much forgetfulness, I don't remember if I gave Y/n lightning powers or not. So, for the sake of my own memory, he does not.)

"Why are the lights off," Jonathan asked, staring at the seemingly quiet lab just behind the gates. Y/n perked his ears up at the sound of something in the forest.

Lights roamed around the area. Whoever was in there clearly had no idea where they were going.

"Nancy." Y/n said silently, just in case the people in the woods heard him. She turned around and met his gaze at the forest. Blue flames arose from his left hand, ready to fire off at any moment.

"Whoa! Don't shoot!" Steve's alarmed voice rang out. Y/n quickly extinguished his flames by tossing it at the gate. Melting a large hole in it.

"The hell was that?" Max asked. The group realized that Max was not aware of Y/n and what he was.

"That's a different story entirely." Lucas explained, not wanting to get into the details about it.

Y/n ears flicked again, and the lights had returned in the lab. But he heard something else. Joyce was screaming.

Doing what was probably a stupid idea, Y/n dashed through the melted gate and towards the lab. He saw Hopper firing at a hoard of miniature demogorgons that resembled dogs in a strange sense.

Once Hopper ran out of ammo, he turned around to run from the hoard, and he was on his back, Mike next to him, and Joyce freaking out next to him as well.

Just as one of the many dogs were about to latch onto him Y/n came speeding by, running his fist into the side of the dog and shooting off some flames that melted it in an instant.

Taking their chance, Hopper and the others got into his police car and speeded away, leaving Y/n to face the hoard alone.

~~~
(Byers house)

"You just left him there!?" Nancy screamed at Hopper, realizing that Y/n was not with the group.

"It's not like we should've just sat around and waited for him to finish them off. Besides, he could've run with us at any time." Hopper was attempting to try and calm Nancy down. But it seemed to fail horribly, which, in result, made her even more upset.

"Hey, just sit down. I'm sure that he's fine. He's pretty strong, you know." Steve put a hand on her shoulder. She glared at him but sighed and walked off from the group.

In that short time span, they've made a name for the thing that's controlling Will. The mind flayer. Their next step was to wake him up in a place he didn't recognize, so the mind flayer wouldn't know where they were.

~~~

"El?" Y/n asked. He was covered head to toe in the demodogs black blood, and his fists were still burning from the onslaught. The girl had a complete makeover, looking like some sort of emo or goth type of girl.

"Y/n." She smiled. They were just outside the byers' house. A demodog tried to attack Y/n from behind, but its neck got snapped instantly by El. "You look messy." She hinted at the blood covering his body. Y/n looked down and shriveled his face at the sight. Quickly burning it so there was nothing left.

"Better?" He asked, making sure it was all off of him. El nodded, confirming that it was alright. "Good."

They turned to walked inside but were stopped by a few demodogs circling the house. El took care of one, snapping its neck and tossing it through the window, Y/n took care of the other by ripping its head straight off and throwing it into the other window. For shits and giggles, of course.