10: What goes down must come up

S1 Ep8: The upside down
A/n s1 finally here we go

Stealing the supplies the police took from Jonathan's car a few hours ago Y/n, Nancy, and Jonathan make their way back to the beyers residence to finish their great plan.

Making the house a fortress they prepared for whatever it was to come.

"Are you sure you'll be able to do this Y/n? What if it does more than just scratch you this time?" Nancy asks. Her hand is bandaged after she and Jonathan cut both of their hands to draw the monster in.

"I hurt it. I'll kill it here" Y/n coldly states. For the last few weeks this monster has been the predator of the town, hunting and feeding on innocent people. But now it's going to be at the bottom of the food chain.

A loud banging at the door ruined the moment as Steve shouting could be heard.

"Hello? I don't know if you're in there but I just want to talk!" Steve banged on the door even louder.

Nancy went over to talk but Steve ended up pushing past her and into the house. Seeing the disaster it was in he tried asking questions but was shut down multiple times.

"Steve. You need to leave" Nancy pulls out a gun on Steve who is now freaking out. With the three shouting eachother they ignore the lights now blinking rapidly in the house.

Tugging at her arm Y/n makes her look at him as he points at the ceiling.

"Jonathan, it's here!" Nancy shouts to the boy who quickly takes a nailed bat in his hand.

The monster was ripping through the ceiling, growling and snarling at the four.

Shooting it twice in the shoulder Nancy takes Y/ns arm and runs into Wills room with Jonathan and Steve close behind.

"Jesus! Jesus! What the hell was that!?" Steve yells as Y/n slams the door shut behind him. "What the hell was that!" He repeats even louder.

"Shut up!" Nancy and Jonathan yell in unison at Steve who backs away. The lights continue to flicker as Y/n lowers his flaming hand to the gasoline on the floor.

Waiting for what felt like forever the lights stop flickering as he peeks his head outside the door. The monster has now completely vanished without a trace.

"It is going to come back to Steve, you need to leave" Nancy orders. Without hesitation Steve bolts to his car, scrambling to get his keys.

Just as he's about to drive away the lights inside start to go crazy again followed by the yelling of mostly Nancy.

Standing in a triangle the three cover eachothers backs. The lights flicker even more before completely stopping and leaving only the light from Y/ns hand visible.

Turning around Y/n notices the monster about to take a little nibble out of Jonathan's head and shoved him out of the way.

Swinging his flame covered fist at the monsters chest it lurches forward and coughs up blood. Screaming at Y/n the monster swipes at him but due to being heavily weakened it is not able to keep up with the fast pace of the Kitsune boy.

"Y/n!" Nancy shouts. This caused him to lose focus and fall onto the floor by tripping on Jonathan.

the monster climbs onto him and doesn't even phase when Nancy unloads 6 bullets into his back.

Opening its now 4 petal mouth it goes to take a bite of Y/ns face but is stopped when a nailed baseball bat slams into the side of its head.

Staggering it back it screams at the newly changed Steve who smirks.

"Come at me!" He yells. The monster lunged towards him but is stopped when blue flames crawl up it's left leg and reach up to its hip.

In the moment of distraction Steve lands two powerful hits at the monsters face, staggering it backwards.

"Come on you two!" Nancy shouts from the hallway. Crawling under the monsters legs Y/n follows Steve into the room and shuts the door.

Chasing after them the monster gets it's still fired leg stuck inside the bear trap where it screams like a banshee.

"Y/n, now!" Jonathan yells. Bringing his hand towards the gasoline is explodes in a firey blaze and lights the monster on fire.

Squealing in pain the monster pulls it's leg out of the bear trap bysacrificing its foot to escape. Crawling on all threes it makes a beeline towards the closet person which is Nancy.

As if in slow motion Y/n trades places with her and covered her with his back and tails exposing towards the monster.

It plunged its claws deep into Y/ns back and pulled upwards, making three claw marks start from his lower backside all the way up to his shoulder.

Screaming in pain Y/n released a wave of blue fire out of his opened back which sent the monster flying through the house at great speeds.

Looking up from Y/ns warm arms Nancy has realized the situation. Falling to the floor Y/n coughs up blood right onto Nancy's shoes.

"Y-Y/n" She stutters out. He smiled weakly at her as his face falls to the floor.

The mask on his hip tugs away and floats up into the air. A body starts to form out of it revealing itself to be Masako.

"Dear Yokai. I didn't know it would be this bad" Masako sighs and creates a small ball of sentient fire in her hand.

"Do what you must" The fire spurred in response and hopped onto the boys back. Slowly the open wound starts to burn together leaving only a slight slash across Y/ns body.

"Who are you?" Nancy asks through tears. She doesn't bother looking up from Y/ns defeated body but wipes away a large amount of blood under his eye.

Masako appears to ignore her but simply smiles at the fact that a human girl is taking such good care of Y/n.

"You don't need to know who I am, but I do want you to know that I am thankful" She gives Nancy one last smile before disappearing back into the mask.

Steve just stands there, not comprehending anything that just happened in the past 10 minutes.

"What the fu-"

**********

A plain white room greeted Y/n has he opened his eyes. Looking around he laid comfortably on a bed where Nancy had her head down.

Attempting to move he laid back down when a sharp pain rain through his back.

"You must be really special. You can't even begin to imagine the face she had went she ran in here. Screaming at the staff like a crazy old person" Hopper said, he sat in a chair near a window.

"Thanks" Y/n muttered. Due to the commotion Nancy stirred awake and blinked a few times before looking at Y/n.

"Hey, Nance" Before he can do any sort of gesture she captures him in a tight hug.

"Why would you do that? Your lucky that person came along or else... well let's not think about that" She let go of Y/n but it didn't feel like that was enough.

Y/n and Nancy stared into eachothers eyes before she leaned forward and gently placed a kiss onto his lips.

"Nancy, Will's awake if you want to see him" Mike walked into the room only to see the two in this state. "Nope" He did a 360 turn and left the room immediately.

Pausing, the two laughed at his reaction. Hopper say silently in the corner with a grin on his face.

"He deserved the happy ending. They all did" He thinks before getting up and leaving to find where Joyce and the others were.

A/n: Thats it for S1 guys, hope you enjoyed and I'll see y'all in s2 ep1: Madmax