Chapter 12: Full Circle

After they left the hot springs, Killigan suggested for them to go back back to the palace, but Julien had something he wanted to show him. Julien grabbed one of Killigan's hands and pulled him deeper into the forest.

"It should be right around here. Pentheus and I found this the other-" Julien was interrupted by Killigan as he pulled them to a stop.

Julien looked fo Killigan to see that Killigan was shot with an arrow coming from his stomach. Killigan started to fall to his knees, but luckily Julien caught him. Julien pulled Killigan into the nearest bush just as two people, dressed in all black and carrying multiple weapons, rushed by.

Killigan has started to cough up blood.

"It's okay. Everything's going to be fine." Julien said in a frazzled tone before he grabbed the arrow and yanked it out of Killigan's stomach.

Killigan grunted and winced as he pulled it out. Unfortunately, Killigan wasn't healing.

"What's wrong? Why isn't the blood stopping?" Julien worriedly asked.

Killigan leaned back against a tree trunk and picked up the arrow. The tip of arrow was covered in Killigan's blood, but there was also a black thick liquid covering the arrow as well. Killigan showed the arrow to Julien and whispered, "Poison.", before tossing the arrow far away from them.

Julien covered the wound on Killigan's stomach with his hands and began to chant, but nothing seemed to be working.

"We just need to get back to the palace. There has to be something there that we can use to heal you." Julien said optimistically.

Killigan started to cough up some more blood. "You need to save yourself. Stop worrying about me." Killigan said.

"Stop talking and save your strength. Let's go." Julien said as he helped Killigan to his feet and they began making their way back to the palace.

They heard something running behind them and Julien glanced back to see more people dressed in black quickly approaching them. So they started to run, which weighed down heavily on Killigan. He was quickly losing his strength, but Julien didn't want to leave him behind.

"Don't worry. We'll make it through this. Just keep going!" Julien said as Killigan went into a coughing fit and threw up more blood.

"Run! Keep going!" Julien yelled as he dragged Killigan behind him.

"You-(cough)-need to leave me-(cough)-behind." Killigan managed to get out as a coughing fit overtook his body.

"No! I'm not leaving you! We'll make it together!" Julien yelled back at him.

"Well well. Isn't this sweet?" A man said as he walked in front of them.

Julien dropped Killigan onto the ground and spread his arms, creating a sheer force field around them. Just then, an army of men broke through the trees around them and surrounded Julien and Killigan.

"Come now, how long do you think you'll be able to keep that up?" The man asked, taunting Julien.

"Long enough to kill you." Julien snarled back.

"Oh you'll kill me?" The man asked before laughing and gesturing to the army surrounding them. "You and what army? You're severely outnumbered."

Killigan raised himself up and grabbed onto one of Julien's arms. "I've got this. I'll stay behind and distract them while you run." He whispered into Julien's ear.

"No! I told you we'll make it together." Julien said.

"As nauseatingly sweet as this is, why don't you join your mother? I'm sure she misses you in hell." The man said as he pulled a woman's head from under his cloak and raised it to show Julien.