Chapter 10: Yes or No

Julien didn't leave his room for the next few days. He claimed he was sick. So sick that he couldn't even answer the door when his mother came to check on him. Instead, he lied under his blankets. Surrounded by darkness, he let his thoughts consume him.

    Julien had never been in a relationship before. He had never wanted to be in one, but Killigan was slowly changing his mind. After the kiss that Killigan gave him, that was all he could think about.

    This entire situation confused him. On the one hand, Killigan annoyed Julien so much. He was irritating and can be immature. He was constantly following Julien around like a lost puppy. Though, on the other hand, Killigan was funny. He was sweet and he seemed to really care about the Blackwoods.

    Julien didn't know if he hated him or liked him, so Julien decided to ignore the whole problem. Mostly because his mother told him through his bedroom door that Pentheus was back and he seemed really upset.

    Julien made his way to the garden outside and found Pentheus sitting at the base of a fountain in the middle of the garden. Pentheus was curled into a ball with his back to the fountain and his face hidden in his knees.

    Julien sat beside him and placed an arm over Pentheus's shoulders. Neither one said anything. They sat quietly for awhile just listening to the birds as they flew throughout the garden.

    "How did you know I was here?" Pentheus asked without lifting his head.

    "You've always liked to come here whenever you're upset." He replied. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

    Again, nobody spoke. Julien wanted Pentheus to speak first. Even though he wanted to help, he couldn't unless he knew the problem first.

    "I think..." Pentheus started to say. "I think I like someone that I shouldn't."

    "Who are we talking about? Who do you like?" Julien asked.

    Pentheus only shook his head.

    "Okay okay. Don't tell me their name. Why shouldn't you like them? Are they bad people?" Julien asked.

    "No!" Pentheus shouted as he raised his head and looked at Julien. "He's actually really kind. A bit quiet and can seem a bit cold at first, but he's very sweet." Pentheus said with a smile.

    "It sounds like you already love him. So what's stopping you?"

    "I'mnotgoodenough." Pentheus said in a rushed whisper as he look down at his legs.

    "What?"

    "I said I'm not good enough! I'm the black sheep, remember?" Pentheus shouted before curling back into a ball.

    Julien pulled Pentheus into a hug and rubbed his arms. "No you're not. You're my brother. You're apart of this family."

    "Then why do people call me that?" Pentheus asked as tears started to fall down his face.

    "Sometimes, all people know how to do is gossip and talk about things that they really don't know anything about. If the guy you like listens to people rumors instead of getting to know the real you, then screw him. He's not worth it." Julien said. "Besides, we could always hex him."

   "That's not it." Pentheus said as he ignored the last part of what Julien had said. "People spread rumors about him and his family as well, calling them leeches and whatnot, but he just ignores them." Pentheus said.

    "Then perhaps you should follow his lead." Julien said as Pentheus pulled himself out of Julien's arms.

    "Yeah." Pentheus whispered. "Yeah. I'm going to tell him how I feel." Pentheus said a bit louder.