Chapter 8: Remembering Him

Suddenly, a giant gust of wind blew into the room. Pentheus was thrown across the room, knocked unconscious and a hand was around Julien's throat.

    "Zephyr! It's alright. Let him go." Calico tried to calm down the man that just came in.

    "You know I can't do that your highness. Everyone that has harmed you shall perish." Zephyr said as he continued to choke Julien.

    Unbeknownst to them, vines began to creep into the room. Along the floors and walls, vines big and small were beginning to clutter the room. Vines wrapped themselves around Zephyr's and Calico's ankles. Vines with spurs began to form and vines with thorns as sharp as daggers wrapped around Zephyr's and Calico's necks, puncturing them, though not deep enough to kill them.

    "Let him go." A voice said behind Zephyr.

    They glanced to the voice to see a small man with eyes glowing green and hands stretched out in front of him.

    "Don't make me tell you again." The man said before flicking one of his hands, causing the vines to tighten around their necks.

    Zephyr let go of Julien and he dropped to the ground coughing.

    "Rayne! There's (cough) been a (cough) misunderstanding." Julien said in between his coughing fit.

    "Speak. Quickly." Rayne said as he held Zephyr and Calico in place.

    Julien explained, with a bit of a coughing fit, what happened, how he ended up in the dungeons, and who Calico was. By the time he was done, Pentheus had woken up and was standing beside them.

    "Are you sure?" Rayne asked.

    "Yes. I'm positive. You can let them go." Julien said as his coughing finally stopped.

    Rayne waved his hand in the air and the vines began to disappear. Rayne's eyes also returned to their normal color.

   "Hey you. Bang your head against wall." Rayne told Thaila.

    "Wait Thaila-" Julien tried to stop her but it was already to late. She walked over to a wall and banged her head against it before falling onto the floor.

    Calico laughed. "I think I like you." He told Rayne.

    "So glad I've gotten your approval." Rayne replied sarcastically, with a roll of his eyes. "Let's go explain things to the King."

    They all made their way to the throne room to find King  Calcipher and Queen Dara talking with someone. A man standing in front of the intruding army.

    "Father!" Calico shouted as he ran towards the man and gave him a hug. Another man walked up to them and joined in on the hugging as well.

    "I'm so glad you're alright." He pushed Calico away and held him at arms length. "Care to explain what happened?"

    "You first. Why isn't there a bloodbath right now?" Calico asked.

    Calico's father pointed to Julien. "I'd gotten your letter."

    "What letter?" Calico turned to Julien. "What is he talking about?"

    "Ah. I think I understand." Rayne said from beside Julien.

    "I sent a letter to Rayne asking for help. In the letter I also said that things didn't make sense and something strange was going on." Julien explained.

    "I thought you did a blood to blood spell?" Pentheus whispered to Julien from beside Rayne, not realizing that the Blackwood Clan could still hear everything.