15. Unexpected Encounter

Start from the beginning

The Deck, a small mercenary group from the dark web that became prominent after the end of the world.

She heard that before the end of the world, the group took a escort duty to some rich young masters group. No one knows what happened after that.

But after a year of Apocalypse, a strong four-person assassination group ran rampant around different bases. All with high level of superpowers, but all were crazy and murderous.

Others say they're looking for the youngest sister, others say they're looking for the murderers. There was once a person who confirmed that all siblings were raped and tortured by the young masters and friends, but after a week, the person was assassinated brutally.

Seeing the calm and harmonious siblings across the screen, Artemis' eyes stared at the quiet youngest girl, not older than eighteen.

She's beautiful and silent, with big watery eyes that's eye-catching. Then looking at the rest of the siblings. No wonder the young masters took fancy of them.

"What do you think?" She asked Zion beside her

"Not bad. But not too smart. You said they'll be a strong group in the future, based on your past life. If you could buy them with 10 million, it's a good deal" Zion replied while munching on a wasabi flavor chips.

Although Zion is not as clingy as other children, or rarely call her 'mom', but this boy has absolutely trust towards her. Most especially, he's tight-lipped and trust-worthy.

After showing him the space, she told him about her past life. It's her son anyway, no need to guard against a family member.

"Well. I hope they're trustworthy..."

She really hopes so. Awakened Individuals are rare in the Apocalypse, but these five siblings all awakened their superpowers, and they were stronger than others.

Because she's not used to not doing anything, she feels bored. The twins are already in space, sleeping, while Zion went to space too, to do experiments.

The 5 hired subordinates won't arrive until tomorrow, so she decided to visit her trashy ex-boyfriend. Pick some pocket money by the way.

Walking out of the elevator, her footsteps stopped abruptly, when she saw a familiar figure walking out from the coffee shop. His face as cold as ever, looking gloomy and indifferent.

Her pulse palpitates fast and her whole body stiffened. Seeing him stop walking and looking back, she immediately turned around and ran to the ladies room.

All these actions are involuntary. She's not ready to meet him yet. Thinking how she left him alone in the hotel, last time, she feels embarrassed.

Not only that! She birthed his daughters without his knowledge...and...and her heart won't stop pounding. Excitement, Longing, Nervousness, Annoyance...her feelings right now is too complicated.

Liam was really having a bad day. Some of his ordered materials got delayed, and some suppliers couldn't deliver. He went to coffee shop to meet another supplier, but the price requested was higher than the previous offer.

Who told him to purchase materials from abroad? Shipments and taxes are real hassle. Nevertheless, it's his own choice, so that his country's materials would be sufficient in the last days.

Although he already hoarded a lot of supplies and materials, many times more than his previous life, and enough to feed the whole base. He doesn't want to stop buying until all his money was completely spent.

After walking towards the exit, he felt a familiar breath coming from behind. He excitedly looked back, only to see a running woman with long black hair and tall figure.

His eyebrows raised in surprise, and then an ecstatic joy reflected on his eyes.

She's back!

...but she looks and feels different..

The woman he's been dreaming day and night, grew a few more inches after she went abroad. Her skin not as white as before, but showing a healthy tan. Her long straight hair was dyed black. And she exudes a domineering and sharp aura.

still my little tigress...just more dangerous.

He pursed his lips to stop his smirk and slowly walked to the entrance. Without looking back anymore, he opened the car and took off.

She came to Mt. Fu Base. She came to him... He has patience to wait for a year, he can still wait.. until she's ready to find him.

--------------------------------Author's note:  ♣️

Author's note:  ♣️...and how I met your father 🫠🤭

I feel proud about the whole "deck naming" thing 🙈 I was actually thinking what to name themhat I wouldn't forget easily 😂 (goldfish)🐠

Thank you for the votes and new followers 🖤
See you next Chapter 💋