christmas vacation

"It's late. You should go to bed," Jon said, hovering above her. She was laying on the couch, putting the last touches on an essay she needed turned into three days ago.

She sighed and closed her laptop, her phone read 1:00 AM. The warmth of the fireplace had fizzled out not long ago, leading everyone to go to their rooms and the comfort of their beds.

Alysanne was busy with her essay, so she had hardly noticed the departure of everyone. But Jon stayed, watching her aggressively type and scroll through her phone looking for a trusty website.

"Why didn't you go to bed with the rest of them?" she asked.

"Wasn't tired," he shrugged. Even a five year old could tell that was a lie.

"Mhm," she countered, trudging up the steps. He kicked her heels with his foot, encouraging her to go faster. She just halted on the steps, refusing to go now.

"Come on," he urged, grabbing the top of her arm. He drug her up the stairs, his grip firm on her arm.

"Thanks for the bruise," she grumbled, opening her bedroom door.

"Night, Aly," he said kindly, pressing his lips to the side of her head.

"Night," she responded, flustered. She quickly closed the door behind her. She grabbed a tank top and pajama pants from her bag, quickly slipping into them and under her blankets. She turned on Law and Order to go to bed, falling asleep thinking of Jon.

The morning came bright, as did a carpet of fresh snow on the ground. The windowpane was frosty as she stared out of it, the snow beautiful on the trees and it was almost breathtaking.

She groaned as she stretched all the muscles in her body, her arms and back popping. She tiptoed to the bathroom, where she brushed her teeth and washed her face.

The door burst open and a sleepy faced Jon walked in. "Um, can I help you?" she asked, setting down her bottle of moisturizer.

He looked at her in her tank, thinking she looked more stunning than the bright blanket of snow. "Nah," he yawned, grabbing his toothbrush from its holder. She had forgotten her toothpaste and had to use his, the tube ending up on her side of the double vanity.

He reached behind her to grab it, his fingertips brushing along her bare skin where her top didn't come down all the way. She had almost gotten used to his light touches, but goosebumps still rose on her arms, her hair pricking up.

He thoroughly brushed his teeth as she rubbed her moisturizer and serums into her skin. He picked up one of the bottles, setting it down when he didn't care enough to read it anymore.

"Here, it'll do wonders for your skin," she said, squirting a dollop of it into her hand and rubbing them together. She smeared it on his face until it was all absorbed.

"How does it feel?" she asked.

"Refreshing," he responded.

"You should invest," Alysanne suggested.

"I'll just use yours," he replied, pulling his shirt over his head and throwing it in the hamper.

Alys quickly walked out and to her room to get dressed. She wore grey sweatpants and an orange sweatshirt with Sunspear Academy written in red letters across the front. She put on white socks to keep her feet warm.

The smell of a delicious breakfast wafted up the staircase. "Morning," Sansa chirped as she walked into the kitchen. The family was crowded around the island, munching on a spread of bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Catelyn always outdid herself.