2

Soobin's pov:

Homo sapientes

Jake
GUYS
HELP

Jungwon
???

Jake
TAEHYUN IS TRYING TO
KILL ME

Taehyun
I'm literally just explaining
Math to you
Just like you asked me to?

Jake
YEAH WELL IT'S MAKING MY
BRAIN CELLS DIE
Also that got me thinking

Heeseung
How can you think when your
brain cells are dead

Jake
Shut up
What i wanted to say

Taehyun
Can we get back to studying
or we'll have nothing done

Jake
Can everyone just stfu for
a second
Soobin

Soobin
I'm scared

Jake
Remember how you told me
that you liked someone

Jungwon
WHAT

Jay
Oh i was starting to think
he was aromantic
Or straight

Heeseung
Wait why does jake know and no one else does

Soobin
Cuz he forced me to say it
But really jake?
I thought you were trustworthy
Traitor

Jake
Sorry bro
It's just that I've been watching you

Soobin
You've been what

Jake
And you don't act like you like someone

Soobin
What if you don't know that person

Jake
You don't socialize

Soobin
Rude

Jake
And you're equally kind to everyone
Except for yeonjun

Soobin
Just forget i ever said anything to you
Y'all never knew anything

Heeseung
I'm definitely gonna overthink this

Jay
Jake i think you answered your question yourself

Jake
What

Soobin
He didn't

Jake
Oh
Wait
OH

Jungwon
I don't get it

Soobin
Get back to studying jake

Taehyun
Exactly get back here

Jake
Oh yeah i should
We will talk about this later don't worry

Soobin
We will most definitely not

Jungwon
I still don't get it

Heeseung
It's okay, won

I want to scream.

I never meant to say that to Jake. But you know that moment when you have deep conversations with someone and you could tell them literally anything. That was when i told him. Just that i like someone. I didn't tell him who. Or that i hate it.

I'm currently in school library trying to study while my phone is buzzing like crazy because of the texts from our friend group.

It's an important exam tomorrow. Why did Jake have to remind me? Now i can't think about anything else.

That's one of the things i hate about liking someone. The person can't escape your mind. It's distracting. I should be focusing on my studies not some random guy.

Why does this thing even last this long? I've done everything i could to stop feeling like that. It seems the more i try to forget about him the more the feeling grows.

Ugh, I'm thinking about him again. Think about physics, brain. It's more useful.

I blankly stare at the physics book, not even reading the sentences. I have too many thoughts. I just cannot focus.

After a few minutes of only looking at the words on a paper, i give up. That's when i see a familiar face.

As soon as i recognize who is standing in the library, i hide behind one of the bookshelves. And i immediately regret my decision. It wasn't necessary. What is wrong with me?

Maybe it's that I've been thinking about him for past couple minutes.

I stay in my hiding spot just watching him. He's scanning the bookshelves with his eyes, obviously looking for something. He's wearing his headphones as usual. I always wonder what he's listening to.

I admire his face. He doesn't even know someone's watching him but he still looks so... it's like I'm listening to a comfort song.

Fuck. This is bad. That's why i wanted to push this awful feeling somewhere deep inside me so it never could get back. It's pathetic. I hate this feeling and i hate him for making me feel like that.

I'm just standing behind all the books and I'm staring at the boy. And as I'm leaning on the shelf i don't even notice I'm pushing the books forward until one of them falls.

Shit. The book makes a loud noise and Yeonjun turns in my direction. I panic for a moment.  He saw me and maybe realized I've been looking at him and he may think I'm some kind of creep and i don't even know. I quickly look away and make my way to the fallen book. I pick it up and put it back where it belongs. But i can still feel his eyes on me.

"What are you looking at?" i turn my head to him.

"You," Yeonjun returns. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm obviously studying," i smirk and point at my physics book.

"Right," he says. "It's just that you appeared out of nowhere."

"I didn't, i was here the whole time."

Yeonjun doesn't say anything anymore. He starts to turns away to continue searching for whatever he's looking for but stops, thinking of something. He looks me in the eyes and opens his mouth to say something. And then he changes his mind and walks away.

My feet are glued to the floor. I wonder what he wanted to say.

Yeonjun's pov:

I'm walking from the library with Percy Jackson and the Olympians in my hand. Don't judge me, it's a good book.

I don't know why was Soobin studying somewhere else than he had his book but i actually thought of asking him why he hates me. Like Kai said, what is there to lose? On the other hand he was pretty irritated just by seeing me so i didn't take any chances.

Although I've been thinking about it all day. I want to know so badly why he hates me. I guess I'll ask him eventually.

Author's note: ksjskakak I'm sorry Percy Jackson was the first book that came to my mind lmao